Which Fleet Owner

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As I study the post and advice from those of you in the business, and talk with Fleet owners. One question keeps coming to mind. How do know what the truth is? As I have seen there are some of you who are Very Happy with the truck owner, and others who can't run away fast enought. Is there a form somewhere? Any help would be wonderful. I know that Posting names Would not work well. But maybe a question that you ask a owner that tells you what you need to know. Thanks for everything, I have learn a great deal from you all.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
There are many decent ones as well as bad ones. To narrow your search, I would locate the company that is the best suited for you.
At that point you can then locate some recommended owners from within that company.
Hope that helps alittle.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Note too that even among the drivers in the same fleet owner's fleet, some may think highly of the owner and some may not. Also some who first think highly of an owner may come to think less of the owner at a later date, and vice versa. Human relationships are not the most predictable things but they are part of the game.

When selecting a fleet owner, you should interview several, make the best decision you can, and always remain prepared to make a change. You have far more control over yourself than you have over how a fleet owner may come to treat you. Regardless of how a fleet owner treats you, you have the power to build up a good record with your carrier. Do that, and you will be easily able to find another fleet owner if it comes to that.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think you would be better served that when you contact your prospective new owner, ask him for current and past drivers for references. As a owner myself, that is my best advertisement besides EO of course.:7

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Night_Runner36

Seasoned Expediter
I agree with what everyone else has said about the right fleet owner when I met My fleet owner I knew from the start that Him and I would make a Great team has while I was going though all of the paper works and the waiting to find out if I was hired on from the company both My Partner has We like to prefer each other has and the recuiter kept in touch with each other ...I was very shocked when My fleetowner/partner called Me on the phone and talked to Me for hours about every thing that I would be going thru has since I had never done Expedite before He even talked to My wife for hours and sent her alot of things to read and once when My truck broke drown due to a over heating problem when I called Him to tell Him He then called My wife to let her know has so she wouldnt be worried but not everyone is the same I guess I just got lucky with the first as he cares about how Iam feeling before how the loads are going and if I am sitting for more then two days after talking to Him I have a load as He knows that I hate to be sitting the two of Us are always talking as since He also drives a truck besides haveing a fleet to worrying about He puts all of His drivers /partners first as thats what the others that drive for Him have told Me and not all of Us drive for the same company I went with My gut and how the hand shake felt has I think when there is a firm but gentaless there and eye contract that says it all an underlying trust ....stay safe and stay happy

Night_Runner36

Seasoned Expediter
also thanks Terry I have learned alot from the links You and Your wife have posted they are very helpful has are all the links I have read on here

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'll add to the rest of the answers that you should find an owner who gives you a written agreement enumerating exactly what each party is responsible for and exactly how each party is compensated. If you can't get that you haven't found a good owner.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you all so Very much. I'm going to be talking with 3 owners today. The ideas you have posted have help me think of some Questions that I would not of thought about.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would like to take a minute to thank you all for your help. I belive we have found a owner that fits our needs. This was thanks to your post as well as a little help from above. Thanks again and see you out there soon.