Where will you be at Thanksgiving?

JBCarroll

Seasoned Expediter
Certainly time to think about Thanksgiving and time to start makeing plans for it. Where will you be this year for Thanksgiving?
I hope to be home, but if not I'll be with some of yall at a truckstop somewhere. I wont turn down a load unless I'm with someone special, thats not looking likely.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
We will be home. We haven't been home since Oct. 1st. Our daughter is due to have a baby any day, and our son's wife had a baby in late Aug. We are very much looking forward to being home, even if it is just for the week end. We miss our 8 kids and 5 grandkids plus the new one due any time. Once we are home for 3-7 days we will be ready to leave again, quickly.

Last edited:

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
We will be at our oldest daughters house with the grand kids,and other family ,and friends.We will be stuffing our bellys with good food,beer more beer,and probably *****ing at the lions.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
home. or should i say at moms preparing the dinner she bought. carl will be down from grt lakes with a bud and will and greg will also be present.

heard a nice idea for stuffed pumpkin the other day. will try to find it unless cd wants to share a recipe.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We will do this Thanksgiving what we do every year; stay out and available to haul freight, and celebrate Thanksgiving at home with family only if the freight takes us close and provides the time. Our hope is to be under load on Thanksgiving day rolling happily cross-country on a long run.

Christmas is the one holiday of the year when we go home to Minnesota for the purpose of being home. Otherwise we only go home if the freight takes us close or if there is a specific family need, business reason or medical reason that requires us to go.

An exception was made in December, 2007 when we had an especially lucrative year and decided to take the entire month off.

Having purchased a vacation home in Florida earlier this year, we intend to put it to use for a couple weeks in January, perhaps longer.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
last year was in California,this year totally depends on co driver.He's taking off the first two weeks of Jan to go back to Armania,so he may still be wanting to make as much money as he can between now and then

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Home, with family, where I belong. I will be hunting with my nephew and his son in the morning then dinner with the entire bunch at my Dad's house in the evening.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
timing sux...too broke for too much time off..:rolleyes:

Looks like I'll be out there on the road somewhere..

having my turkey to-day...:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
timing sux...too broke for too much time off..:rolleyes:

Looks like I'll be out there on the road somewhere..

having my turkey to-day...:D

No turkey for me this year, did not shoot one. I ONLY eat game that I take myself. This year I will have duck and MAYBE some venison. A more "traditional" Thanksgiving. The rest of the bunch there can eat them dried out, hormone infested, anti-biotic riddled birds if they like!! :p

Jasper_jpr

Seasoned Expediter
Looks like we will be somewhere between Little Rock Ark. and Salem OR. Could not get load home (MI.) so on the road we go .