Where I've been, Where I'm Going~! Weekly Update!

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lol I personally will never dead-head out of Laredo unless I'm just dead heading down to McAllen or Pharr Texas. But yes in deed Turtle very good points and true

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, eventually you'll learn to ignore that mileage woody. :D

Expedite Expo? Or 105°in Laredo. Yeah.

Reactions: TeamHutch

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Yeah im in El Paso and when I went outside today i was melting. I'm surprised the Denny's isn't using the concrete to make their eggs.

Reactions: ntimevan

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

from here on out (though ive said it before) and will follow through this time, i wont be back for quite some time, need steady miles, not one big run a week and then waste my money awaiting the next big run. Expo? yea i was quite pissed, was hopin to meet you and many others. Was very disappointed in my dispatch this week and the past couple weeks, things are looking very weird w/ them as of late, i question them alot more then i used to, but then again they USED to run me like crazy and i enjoyed the money, now its hit n miss.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've learned that you take a load to the Texas border because you want a little time off to just sit and relax, and do nothing, which is kind what you need after driving like a madman for a day and a half and needing 2 more days just to recharge. You can spend the same amount of time running 3 normal trips around the Midwest and making the same money while getting plenty of rest while doing it. ;)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I mostly have sworn of Texas and especially Laredo for now. No A/C and low rates to get out being my biggest factors. However, I do have a price set that I will go down there for reluctantly.
Friday as I was still deciding to come home or not from Ohio, I get a call on one going to Laredo. Hmmm, ok 1700-1800 miles, mileage woody, but how much? There bid exceeded what I would take it for, so I said yes with a groan.
I figured if I got it for that price great, if not, someone else can have that fun. I'm not going down to Laredo for cheap knowing I'll come out even cheaper and waste days sitting. I didn't get the load, no regrets. Home is much nicer to start my week from ;)

Reactions: Turtle

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I mostly have sworn of Texas and especially Laredo for now. No A/C and low rates to get out being my biggest factors. However, I do have a price set that I will go down there for reluctantly.
Friday as I was still deciding to come home or not from Ohio, I get a call on one going to Laredo. Hmmm, ok 1700-1800 miles, mileage woody, but how much? There bid exceeded what I would take it for, so I said yes with a groan.
I figured if I got it for that price great, if not, someone else can have that fun. I'm not going down to Laredo for cheap knowing I'll come out even cheaper and waste days sitting. I didn't get the load, no regrets. Home is much nicer to start my week from ;)
Amen!