Where I've been, Where I'm Going~! Weekly Update!

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hahahaha I know it man rite!?! I love goin there too, but by the 3rd day I miss foliage, Color!! Everything is so darn blah down there! : )

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
For every load that comes out of Laredo, 10 goes in. When you go to Laredo, it needs to be because you're looking to sit for a mini vacation.

Reactions: Tim Xpedites

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Or just turn and burn and not waste any time there.
Need a lot of money going in to do that. Otherwise, when you turn, you're burning up any profit you made getting there.

I know one vanner who recently (last week) took a load from Dayton to Laredo for about 75 cents. 1400 miles, paid him $1000 even. Then he delivered and immediately headed to Nashville, 1100 miles unpaid. Two days to get there. He then immediately got a 500 mile load to Chicago that paid $350 (70 cents). He crowed about how smart he was for not having sat in Laredo and that he had just done a 1900 mile week for $1350.

I burst his bubble and pointed out to him that he'd just driven 3000 miles for $1350, or 45 cents a mile.

He has since figured his CPM using the OOIDA spreadsheet. It's 44 cents. So, for his time and trouble, he cleared $30 for the week.

He says he's never going to Laredo again.