where is everyone?

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Where are all the Bolt drivers and why don't any use this section? It's always the same 5 or 6.
Either most of them can't afford a laptop or their unaware of this site.........

PJay59

Veteran Expediter
Im at home at this point waiting to get out this coming week, Here in Madison ,Wi we getting a ice storm on this saturday night so good place to sit and wait it out. and watch some of the play-Offs on Sunday.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i had 4 inches of wet crunchy snow last sunday morning in algoma. plastered to the rear doors and 1 inch on the mirrors. today i am suffering in the 58 deg in ga.

looking for a move souther or wester but preferably not norther. well norther than l'ville.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
The frig in the van is full of food. all my clothes are clean. And i have had enough of my kid, i am ready to get on the road!! I am at home, 1st out in the toledo area within 75 miles and 3rd within 100 miles. Thinkin i'll get out tomorrow, god willing and the creek don't raise. Well it can raise and long as it don't freeze. :D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
got a short run out of toledo this AM. sitting at the "J" in Beaverdam now. 1st out within 50, 3rd within 100. Looks like I'll be watch the OSU vs TX game in the van tonight

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
If anyone is headed to the mid-west, be aware that there's a winter storm warning out for S.E. Missouri, S.W. Kentucky, N.W. Tenn. and N.E. Arkansas........freezing rain/ice, and sleet posted until tomorrow 1/6/09 afternoon.
Ya'll be safe out there!!!!

newbiefrommi

Seasoned Expediter
I am in southern IL took a load tues from GR MI to MO then been sittin sience ...few calls on bids ...nuttin panned out..

jmore1276

Seasoned Expediter
Hey folks. Man is it slow. Last run I had was last Thurs from KY to Fredricktown OH. Finally came home Mon. after sitting in Columbus all weekend. Anyway, I hear some places are lowering their bids to compete. I hope they're lowering their QC bills to o/o's too. When it's this dead, they're odviously saving money per "character" on their txt's. Well hope it picks up soon. TTFN :)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Had 2 decent runs Monday late, indy to the Racine Wisc. area. Then a manitowoc wiscon to livonia mich late tuesday, unloaded weds morning. Dh'd home from livonia to toledo (45 mile). Have had 2 calls about bids for loads, but they didn;t come through. Hoping to get something decent Fri, long enough to let me run over the weekend and deliver late sun. or early monday would be nice.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
you were at the petro at exit 333 and didn't send a pm cd? hope you enjoyed one of the few cold days in wisc. truck still in the bay at goodyear.

next time stop into the brat stop west on hwy 50 just off 94. go in the side door and ask for the curts seasoning blend. yummy.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
loaded out of american axle plant 3 in detroit, dropped at american axle in three rivers mich,

from what the employees at AA plant 3 in detroit said, the company is closing plant 3, moving its lines to three rivers. A bunch of employees at plant 2 in detroit took the buyout and today was their last day. about 100-150 people from plant 2 are getting pink slips, the rest are moving to plant 2 and plant 6. Any new employees that WILL be hired will come in at $10 and hr. The people there now after a cut in wages at after the strike make between $18-20 depending on time with the company.

All of this is happening because after the strike they took a $10-12 cut on hourly wage. The company wants them to take a cut now so that they are all making $10 an hr, like the employees at the 3 rivers plant. They said no, so they are only getting 5-6 hrs a day and no 8 hrs pay, just the hrs worked...

I hauled tooling for a axle line out of there. The line will be up in 3 rivers in feb. Needless to say, no one in detroit was a happy camper, it took me 2 hrs and 40 mins to get loaded and the freight was sitting on the dock.......they just took their time....

This is NOT gospel, it came from 4 guys in the plant..

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
spent the night in 3 rivers mich, realllyyyyyy cold. got a load from litchfield mich (55 mile DH) to emporia KS. delivers monday morning.

jmore1276

Seasoned Expediter
I'm sitting on border of IOWA and WIS. Deliver Mon Morning in Monona Iowa. Anyone know if I've got a chance of getting out of here or just DH somewhere. Any suggestions would help. Only been doing this a short while...very new to BOLT. Also, Is there much freight coming out of Stl MO area or going to? thanx...keep warm brrrrrrrrr.

blueblooddog

Seasoned Expediter
I'm sitting on border of IOWA and WIS. Deliver Mon Morning in Monona Iowa. Anyone know if I've got a chance of getting out of here or just DH somewhere. Any suggestions would help. Only been doing this a short while...very new to BOLT. Also, Is there much freight coming out of Stl MO area or going to? thanx...keep warm brrrrrrrrr.

I would ask dispatch if good area and if units in area. If willing to dh communicate with them and they should be able to tell you where a good area is. Have gotten a couple loads out of lower Wisconsin. I haven't been to Iowa much so don't know if much there. Have taken loads to Stl. Mo. few times.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
still depends on vehicle. if you are logging you want to make good use of your 11.

google puts you kind of equi-distant msp/mke/chgo, with rockford/janesville being also nearby.

call dispatch.