What's the best way to boil water in trk?

Redbird Girl

Seasoned Expediter
I don't mean just to boil water, I make a mean spagetti sauce and frezze it to take with, hubby likes it with toast but I like the noodles. And for that you have to boil then add then bring to boil again. Any idea's???

Redbird Girl-LIVESTRONG-LIVE LONG:)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have an electric glass cook top at home that will ignite my packaged groceries but takes 2 days to boil 5 quarts of water for pasta. I will add boiling water from the microwave to speed up the process.

For canoe camping I have a small Coleman Featherlite 400 single burner white gas stove. It will boil 2 or 3 quarts of water in 5 to 10 minutes. It should work well in a truck if you are careful with the open flame. I think I paid about $50.00 several years ago.

Single burner propane fired stoves are also available. Using a 1 pound canister of propane instead of white gas would be more convenient and only slightly more costly. Check out camping supply stores or go on-line under camp stoves.

When and where is dinner. I'll bring the baggette bread and wine.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have tried using the microwave and those rice and noodle cookers and that took forever. I use my rice cooker now and it works great and pretty fast. The rice cooker can be used for many things the other day I made home made butterscotch pudding in it. I have I believe a 2 quart cooker so I can use it for many things.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I thought of something else that works well. When I am at home and have left over spaghetti I put enough noodles and sauce for one serving in a freezer bad and freeze that. That reheats very easy. I have started flattening all of my bags so when I put them in the truck freezer it looks like a bookshelf. I can get a lot more in there that way.

Redbird Girl

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks guys I was thinking about a rice cooker but wasn't sure that would work. I know they get to 212, but then most say they then go to the keep warm setting automaticly and I was worried that I would lose my temp before they got done.
And it is a real good sauce I had other trks stop by the house to pick up some frozen.(sorry that was when I was here to give it).

Redbird Girl-LIVESTRONG-LIVE LONG:9

GittinThere

Seasoned Expediter
I am glad to find this subject, I received a rice cooker for christmas (after hinting for one!) but I am unsure how or what to use it for! Can you cook anything in it?(I guess so if Linda made pudding!!) Mine didn't come with many instructions so I'm not sure how to use it.
By the way Linda, we wanted to tell you and Bob how much we enjoyed the suprise of meeting up with you two and having lunch together. Thanks for all the advise and for sharing your thoughts about expediting with us. Again thanks for everything. We are looking forward to meeting up with you again soon.

Mr.&Mrs.GittinThere
FedEx CC O/O D6758
OOIDA #788426

That's Us, We're Gittin There!====>

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You never know when you look out your curtains again we might just be sitting there! We also enjoyed our lunch with you guys and will enjoy running into you again. My rice cooker only had directions on how to prepare rice the rest I just threw in there and gave it a try! I have also found it is great to sauté vegetables in.

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
i bought a micuavable rice cooker i'm using it at home right now but you can steam fresh veggies in 12 min rice in bag in 10 and pasta in about 15 min ill be taking it when i head out for the first time
god bless keep rolling
:* :* :*