What's Going on in the US House of Representatives?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The Left is freaking out about Tucker. He must be over the target in revealing the lies with them.
Tucker is showing that the January 6th committee was all about lieing to the American people....why hide over 6,000 hours of video footage.
They lied about the wuhan lab leak....hunter Biden's laptop....the Russian collusion.....the fbi and doj are using kid gloves on the Biden classified documents but just had to raid trump's home and barred his attorney's from watching them search but let Biden's lawyers sort through the classified documents.
There really is a double standard.

Reactions: Pilgrim and muttly

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is a lot on the republican side that isn't legitimate. There is absolutely nothing, zero, zip, nada on the democrat side that is legitimate.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
There is a lot on the republican side that isn't legitimate. There is absolutely nothing, zero, zip, nada on the democrat side that is legitimate.
That kind of partisan filtering and labeling is troubling. If we're ever going to move the country toward a better state of affairs, it's not going to be by pitting one side against the other. Our country has a long history of people of opposing views coming together to work things out in a way that moves the country forward. Such times seem far away as we experience the current political divide, but I maintain faith that the pendulum will swing back that way in the future.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
That kind of partisan filtering and labeling is troubling. If we're ever going to move the country toward a better state of affairs, it's not going to be by pitting one side against the other. Our country has a long history of people of opposing views coming together to work things out in a way that moves the country forward. Such times seem far away as we experience the current political divide, but I maintain faith that the pendulum will swing back that way in the future.
Not in my lifetime....the left keep going farther to the left that conservatives are being called extremist.
The left have moved so far to the left that conservative and moderate Republicans are now far right.

Reactions: muttly and Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One would think that politicians could agree on common sense legislation. We'll see how that works with the previously mentioned bill that would protect women's sports from the participation of transgender men. Passing this should be a no-brainer, but the majority Democrats in the House have voted it down twice. It will likely pass the House this time, but we'll see if Senate Democrats stay unified against women's rights when it comes to them.

Reactions: danthewolf00

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That may have been (and pretty much was) true in the days of JFK when on a 0-10 liberal to conservative scale democrats were 3-6 and republicans were 5-8, JFK a pretty solid 4.5. Now almost the entirety of democrats are 0-1 and republicans at best 3-6. Intelligent and sensible citizens are still in the 7-8 range. Sadly becoming more and more the minority as indoctrination and grooming take greater and greater hold in public education. Some of the right still wants to work together in a non-partisan America first system. The left wants and will have nothing to do with it. It may be troubling but it is stating the facts as they are today.

Reactions: Pilgrim

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
That may have been (and pretty much was) true in the days of JFK when on a 0-10 liberal to conservative scale democrats were 3-6 and republicans were 5-8, JFK a pretty solid 4.5. Now almost the entirety of democrats are 0-1 and republicans at best 3-6. Intelligent and sensible citizens are still in the 7-8 range. Sadly becoming more and more the minority as indoctrination and grooming take greater and greater hold in public education. Some of the right still wants to work together in a non-partisan America first system. The left wants and will have nothing to do with it. It may be troubling but it is stating the facts as they are today.
It's taken close to 30 years but liberal Democrats have a true foothold on the schools in our country or they would not need to place parents on terror watch list to control the anger parents have over critical race theory.....slavery did happen but it is not happening now.....unless you count the illegal aliens crossing our southern border.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I'm willing to agree with you that partisanship is degrading the quality of government and life in America. I'm not willing to say one party is more guilty of it than the other. I'm an independent precisely because I don't want to identify with this kind of harmful partisanship. I recently heard an elected official, a US House member say that her political purpose is to oppose whatever the other party proposes; an she was serious about that.

Sad to see our elected officials not even think about the good of the country before they think about harming or stopping the other party. A lot of good, decent, reasonable, intelligent people stay out of politics because the game has become so nasty.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I'm willing to agree with you that partisanship is degrading the quality of government and life in America. I'm not willing to say one party is more guilty of it than the other. I'm an independent precisely because I don't want to identify with this kind of harmful partisanship. I recently heard an elected official, a US House member say that her political purpose is to oppose whatever the other party proposes; an she was serious about that.

Sad to see our elected officials not even think about the good of the country before they think about harming or stopping the other party. A lot of good, decent, reasonable, intelligent people stay out of politics because the game has become so nasty.
When they punish people for violent crimes instead of just letting them walk.....like in Democrat run cities you can talk about fair politics.....till then buttercup it is what it is.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I also remember when one side used the hash tag RESISTANCE to be against anything Trump was for.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I also remember when one side used the hash tag RESISTANCE to be against anything Trump was for.
So how do we move from blanket condemnation to reasonable collaboration? How do we move from the good of the party to the good of the country?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
So how do we move from blanket condemnation to reasonable collaboration? How do we move from the good of the party to the good of the country?
Well you need the Democrat leadership to care....which they do not care about America they only care about being in charge.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Dems made their bed opposing and impeaching Trump TWICE. They need to heal themselves first. But that won’t happen anytime soon. In the meantime the swamp in both parties will collaborate with each other, but it won’t be good for the country.

Reactions: danthewolf00

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

And as an independent it is precisely the duty to recognize and call out these things, on both sides. Harmful partisanship primarily comes from the left. They virtually universally care nothing about the nation and everything about power and forcing their ways and ideas on everyone.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Although this comes from the Senate rather than the House, GOP Senator Lindsey Graham will introduce legislation to declare Mexican Cartels as Foreign Terrorist Organizations, establishing a legal bases for taking military action against these groups. This act is long overdue, and offers another example of recent Republican efforts to pass common sense legislation to protect American citizens from a clear and present danger that has existed on our Southern border for years, but especially since Biden took office. Will any Democrats support it, especially those from the border states? If passed in the Senate, it would surely pass in the House and would put Biden in a position to either sign the bill or once again display his weakness and incompetence in foreign policy. The initial reaction from Biden's press secretary was tepid at best.

It will be interesting to see if the Democrats unite against this bill and what the basis for their opposition might be.

Reactions: muttly

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The House just passed the Parents Bill of Rights Act. It will be interesting to see how well it fares in the Senate.

It follows outcries from parents who are unhappy that lessons and books about racism, sexual orientation and gender are being taught in schools.

The legislation would also give parents the rights to:

• Know what's being taught in schools (including reviewing reading materials)
  • See school budgets and understand how schools spend money
  • Protect a child's privacy by preventing schools from selling information about students or performing medical exams without a parent's permission.
  • Receive updates on any violent activities at a school
  • Require all curriculums to be made public, including any materials in a school library or classroom.