What would you do?

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got this text from another CV expediter sitting in El Paso for 8 days now.

"39 trucks here 48 dallas 31 phoenix 28 huston 63 lorado 28 san antonio were do I go ?"

" Dispatcher just sent me to Dallas she said she bid 30 plus jobs at a below norm rate didnt get one in elpaso she said there was 250 trucks below 5 000 # in a 75 mile radius and only 25 hear so we will see didnt have to pay to come here."

So, again. What would you do????

And by the way, I'm sitting in my living room, at home with my wife, been home since Sunday and thinking about staying OOS until next Monday. It's cold out there!!!!!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
First I wouldn't sit 8 days anywhere. Maybe 3 tops not counting weekend but probably 2. I'd get the run count from each location, presuming it's available from the carrier, and make a decision which direction to move, possibly San Antonio, depending on how jobs are moving out of there. What company is he with that has 237 vans among those 6 locations?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Sayonara, TX! That's what I'd do.

Actually, it's time for the dude to think outside the box, if he doesn't want to spend fuel money to get out empty. How many trucks in Albuquerque? How many in Amarillo? OKC? It's 800 miles to get east of TX. There are other freight zones in TX. They just don't service, or frustrate, as many of us expediters as those you mentioned.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
First I wouldn't sit 8 days anywhere. Maybe 3 tops not counting weekend but probably 2. I'd get the run count from each location, presuming it's available from the carrier, and make a decision which direction to move, possibly San Antonio, depending on how jobs are moving out of there. What company is he with that has 237 vans among those 6 locations?

I'm thinking that's Alliance talk.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm thinking that's Alliance talk.

You are correct, that's total vans from all carriers on the board. He just got a paid move to Dallas. I personally don't think that will improve his situation. And he is driving a fleet owners van, so he has a bit less control over what he decides to do.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You are correct, that's total vans from all carriers on the board. He just got a paid move to Dallas. I personally don't think that will improve his situation. And he is driving a fleet owners van, so he has a bit less control over what he decides to do.

he should take that paid move and parlay it into a Little Rock or west Memphis move...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would relax soak up the sun and sniker at all of us up north.

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I got this text from another CV expediter sitting in El Paso for 8 days now.

"39 trucks here 48 dallas 31 phoenix 28 huston 63 lorado 28 san antonio were do I go ?"

" Dispatcher just sent me to Dallas she said she bid 30 plus jobs at a below norm rate didnt get one in elpaso she said there was 250 trucks below 5 000 # in a 75 mile radius and only 25 hear so we will see didnt have to pay to come here."

So, again. What would you do????

And by the way, I'm sitting in my living room, at home with my wife, been home since Sunday and thinking about staying OOS until next Monday. It's cold out there!!!!!

2 of my friends just spent 5 days and 8 days in TX, one got a run to Kansas, the other,,went home.............

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
never, never, never, NEVER sit more then 24-48 hours!

.....EVER!

What's the difference of sitting 4 days in one spot, or sitting 2 days, moving, and sitting 2 more, besides the scenery?

If I were in an area that likely got a load every 4 days, and there was no one else around, and other areas close by were packed (like TX), I'd give it that 4 days, maybe 5. That's why I say Amarillo, among other, less industrial areas.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You could always move Sd. and get a snow plowing job .... Lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
What's the difference of sitting 4 days in one spot, or sitting 2 days, moving, and sitting 2 more, besides the scenery?

If I were in an area that likely got a load every 4 days, and there was no one else around, and other areas close by were packed (like TX), I'd give it that 4 days, maybe 5. That's why I say Amarillo, among other, less industrial areas.

Amarillo is always good for me in the cargo van. I usually feel stupid being the only van at the TS's in town until the call comes in usually within 24 hours.

Sent from my LGL45C using EO Forums mobile app