What to do when this happens

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now, one more time to try to explain and then I'm done with this....
Ah, the cowards preface. Now you won't have to cite any posts where myself or anyone else made you "feel stupid just because my spelling or grammer may not be up to anyone's standards!" This thread wasn't about spelling and grammar until you included it. This thread had nothing to do with you and you have offered no advice to the original poster. Another poster didn't like my blunt reply to Micheal and apparently you thought it was a great opportunity for you to direct your potty mouth my way.

I understand you are having problems with the Teamsters and being able to continue to work in expedite. I'm sure you are frustrated and if calling me names helps, fine, I can take, but don't pretend to be a victim in this thread though.

p.s. Have you consulted with a lawyer yet concerning your pension problems?

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Wow. Way too much:eek:

. BTW, Oregon requires seeing the vehicle at the DMV before licensing same. No alternative unless you have said vehicle in another state, they will then let certain inspectors sign off on the VIN and Odometer.

Melissa ~ Team Kephart @ Mayfield Express

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you call someone a nasty name and they really are that name, it is not nasty.
Oh, I dunno about that. If someone is a puss-laden leper, which is pretty nasty, and I called them a puss-laden leper, I think it's still a pretty nasty name.

I have received a lot of valuable and helpful information on this forum,and I appreciate it, but I WILL NOT put up with being made to feel stupid just because my spelling or grammer may not be up to anyone's standards!
There is a price to pay for everything. For example, it's "grammar", not "grammer". It's entirely up to you as to whether you view that as valuable and helpful information, or if it makes you feel stupid. Life is what you make it.

If that's what this great forum supports, then I am outta here! Moderators, feel free to express your opinions on this!
My opinion is that you're trying to pick a fight where none exists. My opinion is that you're trying to make an issue out of something that isn't an issue. My opinion is that threatening to leave unless people individually and collectively modify their behavior to suit your standards is empty threat, because EO got along just fine before you got here, and it'll get along just fine after you're gone. It is also my opinion that, based on your posts here, Teamsters have no measurable sense of humor.

It is also my opinion that rather than offer up advice to the OP, which you so passionately want others to do, you chose to take the thread off-topic by attacking a fellow EO member in public rather than sending him a PM, which is, in my opinion, dancing right there along the edge of the Code of Conduct that you presumably read and understood.

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
Oh, I dunno about that. If someone is a puss-laden leper, which is pretty nasty, and I called them a puss-laden leper, I think it's still a pretty nasty name.

There is a price to pay for everything. For example, it's "grammar", not "grammer". It's entirely up to you as to whether you view that as valuable and helpful information, or if it makes you feel stupid. Life is what you make it.

My opinion is that you're trying to pick a fight where none exists. My opinion is that you're trying to make an issue out of something that isn't an issue. My opinion is that threatening to leave unless people individually and collectively modify their behavior to suit your standards is empty threat, because EO got along just fine before you got here, and it'll get along just fine after you're gone. It is also my opinion that, based on your posts here, Teamsters have no measurable sense of humor.

It is also my opinion that rather than offer up advice to the OP, which you so passionately want others to do, you chose to take the thread off-topic by attacking a fellow EO member in public rather than sending him a PM, which is, in my opinion, dancing right there along the edge of the Code of Conduct that you presumably read and understood.

It's PUS-Laden...not puss... not meaning to split hairs. If ya can't spell right what are ya' stupid or just illiterate? See! How does that feel? If ya got sense enough, open up a dictionary once in a while! How does that make you feel? Does that make you feel good? That's just the way I am, if ya can't take it, that's your problem! One thing, though before I go, I would have liked to seen the original poster jump in and defend himself but didn't hear a word from him or any of the other moderators! The reason I didn't offer any advice serves to prove my point...I don't frickin' know, and that's why we turn, again to the more experienced people in hopes of getting a nice, polite, friendly answer, not insults! Not asking ANYONE to modify their behavior, just asking for respect and politeness.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow. Way too much:eek:

Agreed!

BTW, Oregon requires seeing the vehicle at the DMV before licensing same.

Never thought about it before, but I like Pennsylvania's split system: The DMV is for driver licensing, while tags are bought from notaries. You can get most any regular tag, do registration work, etc. Transfers happen immediately. Titles are still mailed from Harrisburg, as well as vanity plates & such, but it's nice to have places to go that are convenient and far less bureaucratic than the DMV.

Besides, I'm struggling trying to imagine Patty or Selma having to waddle out to your truck, and having to climb in, just to read your odometer & VIN :)

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's PUS-Laden...not puss... not meaning to split hairs. If ya can't spell right what are ya' stupid or just illiterate?
Both, generally. I'm also at times smart and very literate. Depends on many factors.

See! How does that feel?
Much like James Brown. Haaagh! I feel good!

If ya got sense enough, open up a dictionary once in a while!
Puss - slang for hare. Puss-laden - encumbered with hares. Not to split hares, or anything.

How does that make you feel?
Still like James Brown.

Does that make you feel good?
Why, yes, yes it does! I'm actually feeling better every time I read something you wrote.

That's just the way I am, if ya can't take it, that's your problem!
I can take it or leave it. I really don't much care.

One thing, though before I go, I would have liked to seen the original poster jump in and defend himself but didn't hear a word from him or any of the other moderators!
That's because he didn't need defending. Irrefutable evidence of that fact can be found in the OP's second post in the thread. The OP wasn't attacked. He was simply given advice based on standard if/then logic.

The reason I didn't offer any advice serves to prove my point...I don't frickin' know, and that's why we turn, again to the more experienced people in hopes of getting a nice, polite, friendly answer, not insults!
And yet you chose to publicly rather than in a PM give Moot advice that was neither, nice, respectful, nor polite. I do love a good irony.

Not asking ANYONE to modify their behavior, just asking for respect and politeness.
Of course you are asking people to modify their behavior. Asking someone to change the way they respond is quite literally asking them to change their behavior. Just because YOU think someone is impolite or disrespectful doesn't mean they are. Yet you want people to modify their behavior to satisfy your own personal standards and criteria of what is polite and respectful.

For someone who admittedly doesn't know, you're being kind of, oh, I dunno, a tool, for a lack of a better word (no, wait, thesaurus! contraption, gadget, gizmo, whatchamacallit, Richard), to come in here asking for free advice, and then criticize the manner in which it is provided. Take what you can get. Nobody here is obligated to give advice, much less advice given in a manner that meets with your approval.

The only think I now ask of you is that you please not state for a third time that you're going to say one more thing before you go. Say it, don't say it, stay, leave, it doesn't really matter which.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dosen't North Carolina have a tempoarry plate or registration if they need to have the vehical there?
For example, New York State DMV requires a valid inspection sticker in your name to register a vehicle. If you dont have a valid sticker usualy they offer you a ten day sticker so you can legaly drive and get it done also repairs if needed to pass.
That would make sense but, we are talking about a government office.

Bob Wolf

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Teamsters DO have a sense of humor. Sometimes not everyone gets it.

I agree! They endorsed Ronald Reagan in 1980. Within his first 9 months in office he fired the air traffic controllers (PATCO) and the Teamsters again endorsed him in 1984.

mbc383

Expert Expediter
hello:

I am sorry I am not a writer. I am just a old truck driver with a broken CB. I should do some spell checking and proof reading any way I did go back to the DMV this time it was a different clerk. This person was nicer person I notice the list on the wall behind counter where you could not see it. The first clerk just did not want to take out the list with the weight class on it. I found out on a sprinter van with 15k pounds would cost 250 dollars for the tags. I have read that it will be better on the driver if you had your own tags. I am still trying to come to the expo this year. I hope to meet a lot of the expediters there that would be cool...... Thanks and Micheal

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
A couple of things:

1. Sprinters have 15k GVWR's?

2. I have a replacement CB for you. Free for the asking. You pay shipping.

3. I've never been puss-laden nor pus-laden before. However, this one time, at band camp......ah, nevermind.

Have a great holiday.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They may have a 15K threshold. At 8550 I have 10,000 pound tags (KY). Some Sprinters, the dually RV conversions, will weigh well over 10K, but less than 15K, so they'll have 15K tags ( in KY it's 16K tags in that case, as it jumps from 10 to 16, anything in between gets the higher tag). The clerk may very well have given him the worst case scenario. The weight on the plate registration is for determining how much you pay in taxes, anyway.

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Hello:

Linda wanted me to tell that the DMV did not want the document. What she wanted was to drive to the van there even the second clerk said just that. Yes you can get what they call a five day plate in North Carolina. That was new to me too. Thanks from Linda and Micheal