Big Truck What speed is your truck governed too?

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flat to the mat 75 MPH, im that guy running between 62 and 65 as I choose to keep money in my pocket.

Unfortunately we can only go as fast as the driver in our way.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Back in the day on 2 stroke D there were Governors now days the ECM is set at certain criteria and called cut back. LOL . Then again Dave I wonder how many of you really ever seen or run a 2 stroke Diesel ? They had Governors. TTL Turtle go ahead copy cut and paste.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
65. It's a company truck, and they like to limit us leadfeet, and go to Canada too.

One thing I notice about going 65... a lot of other trucks are too. We all love to drag race, and tie traffic up. The losing guy rarely wants to give up an inch, where I learned that laying off the pedal for 1 MPH, for 10 seconds, would keep things flowing. Now imagine what's going to happen when our godverment decides to limit all trucks...

Reactions: Mailer

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
......One thing I notice about going 65... a lot of other trucks are too. We all love to drag race, and tie traffic up. The losing guy rarely wants to give up an inch, where I learned that laying off the pedal for 1 MPH, for 10 seconds, would keep things flowing........

Thank you !

From the 4 wheelers, you have our blessings :):):)

BESTONER

Active Expediter
80 mph for us and we use it when legal to do so, we do so appreciate when those running slower do not block the passing lane ;). We drive for a fleet owner and I asked him how fast he wanted us to run the truck. His response was do the speed limit, this is expediting ;)
We're in a 2015 business class with a 96" Bolt sleeper with a DD13, Eaton ultrashift and we're still getting 10.3 mpg.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I drove for USXPRESS and was in a Freightliner Cascadia it was Governed at 65.
My Sprinter 2500 Extended can go no more than 80.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back in the day on 2 stroke D there were Governors now days the ECM is set at certain criteria and called cut back. LOL . Then again Dave I wonder how many of you really ever seen or run a 2 stroke Diesel ? They had Governors. TTL Turtle go ahead copy cut and paste.

There's no mistaking one of those motors. Never driven or even seen one but I know what they sound like. Awesome lol

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I was working on a 6V53 Detroit in a M113A2 armored personnel carrier when the governor hung up. I don't even know how high it revved but it was screaming. In 30 seconds it hadn't exploded, so I climbed on top of the engine, removed the governor cover, and forced the rack shut with a screwdriver. It came to a screeching halt.

Then I waddled to the bathroom, unsure of the condition of my pants.

Reactions: paulnstef39