What months are really busy?

garman351

Expert Expediter
Should have picked up by now.....bad economy...thank G. Bush.

It's all a bunch of crap anymore. It was the big push from July until the end of the year. I'm just glad I Incorporated my business so I can Bankrupt it when it comes to an end the third week of December. My team can find local jobs for the same crumby pay and be able to go home at night.

Good luck, if there is such a thing now days.

Garman

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
your in the prime season now!!!! its just that the high season isnt the high season it was 2 or 3 years ago... such is life...if the drought continues maybe we can all expedite water

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
If we didn't have to wait two days for a muffler in BFE, UT, we'd have been running constant for two weeks. Beginning of July was terrible for us, to a point. August has never been slow. Looking forward to a great 3rd and 4th quarter.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Third and fourth quarters are generally the best for all modes of freight. July was kind of disappointing for me. Now if I can just get this root canal/crown work done finally, I can get back to freight running. At least my new rig spent the week getting a 4000 lb lift shoved on the back, so that's two birds w/ one stone.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Talked with several drivers while fueling....

Responses....very, very slow.

Talked with some on the phone while driving last...

Responses....vans averaging 600-700 miles per week. Solo straights averaging 1100 miles per week. And yes, there will always be exceptions (a few) that prove the rule.

Talked with a manager from a carrier in SC yesterday....

Response....We have 400 trucks and only 200 loads yesterday.

Based upon the info from economists who have called the cycles correct over the past 20 years...

Response....Slight economic increases after January 2009, ramping up slowly (cautiously) throughout the year.

NOTE: That does not mean that you'll go to sleep on December 31, 2008 and wake up on January 1, 2009 to a full throttle economy. The increases will be slow, but steady.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
"Response....We have 400 trucks and only 200 loads yesterday."

considering minimum 10% are OOS...so you could expect a load every second day?....thats not that slow....

numbers...can sure be twisted...shoulda been a recruiter...:rolleyes:

kangar0085

Seasoned Expediter
I've never made more money in my life. August has had a fiery start I've made more money for every week from the past six, more then the previous week. All hail Mr. Bush, what a great president, the leftists hate him for no reason. His father was a great president as well. Long live the Royal American Bush family.

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
You know what really sucked? The intrest only mortgages. They put a big hurting on the economy. People buying houses they could not afford.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
You know what really sucked? The intrest only mortgages. They put a big hurting on the economy. People buying houses they could not afford.

They should have know better that to buy a house they
couldn't afford. No one made them get an interest only
loan

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
No, but congress made the loan companies offer them, so more minorities could own houses. We see how well that worked out.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
July started slow for me and wound up being my second best month ever. August is likely going to be the worst month ever. I had planned for a slow summer thanks to what I read on here!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Question....What months are really busy?

The one you take off for holidays and the one you schedule heavy PM on your truck...they are liable to be the busiest....:rolleyes:

garman351

Expert Expediter
I've never made more money in my life. August has had a fiery start I've made more money for every week from the past six, more then the previous week. All hail Mr. Bush, what a great president, the leftists hate him for no reason. His father was a great president as well. Long live the Royal American Bush family.

I'm totally confused by your posting?

Who do you haul freight for God?

Also what are you smoking to be so brain washed & confused by our sell out President.

Garman

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Not trying to make this a political thread, Garmin; but you'd better take a look at who's pulling Obama's strings, if you're sure you want him instead.

M

mcclain

Six trucks running out of our Fort Wayne office - none sit, getting 2000-plus miles per week.
Don't much care sitting behind a desk all day - but beats those truck stops I guess.
So for us right now at least we haven't been slow at all.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Six trucks running out of our Fort Wayne office - none sit, getting 2000-plus miles per week.
Don't much care sitting behind a desk all day - but beats those truck stops I guess.
So for us right now at least we haven't been slow at all.

McClain I have no beef with you but I read a post of yours that you were off this site for good but then you show back up and try to promote your company again. This IS getting old.

Also, Garman lets take a look at who has been incharge of both the house and the senate the last 2 years and how bad things have been the last 2 years compared to the previous 6.