what is UPS doing?

markafd

Expert Expediter
My question is why would they request to be sent to a forum that is only for the moderators. I do not drive for them and they way it looks I'm glad I dont. I didnt see a bunch of negativity or bashing but after the move I'm pretty shur its on the way. Just my 2 cents but if your not letting your own people know why things are the way they are we will all fabricate our own ideas. I personally use EO for a info resource and I'm sad to see it handled this way. Like I said just my 2 cents.

markafd

Expert Expediter
If im not mistaken they advised there staff to stop taken on new trucks and stop processing applications. they also evidently have not advised anyone as to why? Im just curious

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
They are reviewing the information that was in the post. When it is appropriate - they will make the post public. Hope this helps - Thanks!

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.

37% of Americans agree that while they would hate being British, they wouldn't mind having a British accent.

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

I hate the country, all those animals walking around un-cooked.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Just an FYI

There are times when a thread needs to be pulled.

I can't comment on this specific thread but I can tell you when I was a Mod for a car forum, someone posted a press release from Ford about the new Mustang. He was an employee of Ford and a really great and reliable source for good correct info. The only problem was the PR was in draft form when it was posted and not supposed to be released until it was 'officialy' approved. Within the day, we all got an email from a Ford VP asking us to pull the thread so not to publish possible incorrect info to the public. He was rather nice and clear but was asking us, not telling us and did give the option to leave it there. We agreed to pull the complete thread, which included 140 posts and this really p*ssed off a lot of members but we reasoned that it is better to get the right info instead of having a lot of assumptions and wrong info floating around. We later received a large box each with the media kit for the car, a bunch of promo stuff and the proper press release (which was completly different from the first).

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
So what your saying is Lawrence will be sporting a new UPS shirt drinking coffee from his UPS mug (which by the way is like twice the size of a normal mug) and playing with his matchbox car sized UPS Truck (with flames)...

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Greg - thanks for clarifying for the group.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.

37% of Americans agree that while they would hate being British, they wouldn't mind having a British accent.

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

I hate the country, all those animals walking around un-cooked.

Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As I stated way back when . . . certain individuals were claiming to represent UPS policy.

I will reiterate: I have been doing expediting business with UPS for almost 11 years and what was represented here on EOL was somebody's ego outrunning UPS corporate policy.

UPS is a great company to work for.

Be safe and never pretend to be something you're not.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Be safe and never pretend to be something you're not.

So I gotta ask - your profile shows you to be of the male gender and that your first name is "mary" ....... typo ?

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for pointing that out. Don't know who Mary Smith is.

I am a male living in the rustbelt.

I like long walks on the beach, quiet times and my favorite color is green.

Be safe.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
>As I stated way back when . . . certain individuals were
>claiming to represent UPS policy.
>
>I will reiterate: I have been doing expediting business
>with UPS for almost 11 years and what was represented here
>on EOL was somebody's ego outrunning UPS corporate policy.
>
>UPS is a great company to work for.
>
>Be safe and never pretend to be something you're not.

Due to the fact that UPS bought our former company (Emery), they didn't even realize they had an expedite division (IMO)until mid last year. UPS corporate policy has given us piecemeal information, and it's simply a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. this had NOTHING to do with ego, but my taking the initiative to try and better the UPS Expedite brand. I was given marching orders, began to execute, then in the middle of that process, was given new marching orders. Do you think we would pay the healthy monthly fee for advertising on EOL if someone of authority (management) hadn't authorized it? THINK before you speak, even if you THINK you know what you're talking about.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Who is sheila? we have a sheila in our dayton office, and she is a manager, but she has never posted on this website...I don't think she's ever even seen it. She handled the dedicated tractor I/C's.

silverdollar

Expert Expediter
Yes I was talking about Sheila in the Dayton office, I drove for Emery Ex when they first started before Menlo took over. decided to retire when UPS showed up. was a great place to work when it was Emery.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, I was here too, been here since 1996, and I'm starting to agree with you.....we had no problems keeping our relatively small fleet busy, in fact, O/O's had to turn down runs fairly regularly. It wasn't unusual for ST teams to average 5000 miles a week. where have all the good times gone?