What is she worth?

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Our new truck is just about ready to roll so our Sprinter will be up for sale very soon. What do you think she's worth? I want advice on how much to ask. (No, I do not want to hire a driver).

2006 Dodge 3500 Sprinter with raised floor, 64" high x 58" wide x 13-1/2' cargo area. Well insulated with 13,500 BTU rooftop air and 5,000 BTU heat strip. 2 auxiliary batteries. All 3 batteries are the big Odyssey glass mat type. 3200 watt generator on a rear swing mount. ESPAR heater. 1500 inverter. 800 watt microwave tucked in a metal hanging cabinet. Aluminum wheels. Tires 75%. 450,000 miles. I DROVE EVERY MILE! Excellent service. Original engine, transmission, & rear end. Medium blue color and NO exterior rust. No problems at all. Everything works except the dash lights for the air/heat controls. I think she can make a lot of money for a careful driver. What is she worth???

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
$8500 ......

I'd keep it for a backup/spare. Ya never know.

Example: I have a freind who has a beautiful Sprinter, relatively new. He nailed a deer the other night..2 months before it will be ready.A spare would come in handy about right now, even though you have a Ford, ya never know.

Last edited:

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I'd keep it for a backup/spare. Ya never know.

That's a good idea but my yard just holds so much. Three vehicles plus my XLT10, and 2 more in process. And the moment I get my hands on a new Transit cab/chassis, there will be at least one more project moving about. No, I should sell the Sprinter.

I think $8,500 is low though. Why not more?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
1. Based on what I got mine for a year ago.
2. Trans will need replaced soon.
3. I feel the DRW is much less desirable even with raised floor.
4. My number is based on what I think its worth rather than what you should ask.
5. I have no emotional attachment to it.
6. I've read your previous posts :p

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Our new truck is just about ready to roll so our Sprinter will be up for sale very soon. What do you think she's worth? I want advice on how much to ask. (No, I do not want to hire a driver).

2006 Dodge 3500 Sprinter with raised floor, 64" high x 58" wide x 13-1/2' cargo area. Well insulated with 13,500 BTU rooftop air and 5,000 BTU heat strip. 2 auxiliary batteries. All 3 batteries are the big Odyssey glass mat type. 3200 watt generator on a rear swing mount. ESPAR heater. 1500 inverter. 800 watt microwave tucked in a metal hanging cabinet. Aluminum wheels. Tires 75%. 450,000 miles. I DROVE EVERY MILE! Excellent service. Original engine, transmission, & rear end. Medium blue color and NO exterior rust. No problems at all. Everything works except the dash lights for the air/heat controls. I think she can make a lot of money for a careful driver. What is she worth???

7,800 trade in value
11,300 dealer would sell it
9,200 if you sell it

That is based on only 400,000 miles, But with the add on's you have I would go no less than 11,000, I would start at 12,000.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's closer. Thanks Eddie!

You can go to Edmunds.com, they have the sprinters listed. I didn't do the add on's so you can go in and see what you come up with. They will only go to 400 k on miles so another 50k could reduce those numbers. I do know that a dealer will not care about the add on's.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

It has a lotta miles, beside that it's seven years old. It's gonna be tough to sell it for a higher price. I'm going through about the same experience with my E-350. Everyone is trying to get it for less, but I'd rather keep it on my driveway than sell it for less. I know how much money I "pumped" in it lately for its maintenance... I barely recover those expenses.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
She does have miles but most mechanics guess 200,000 or less when they see her. When she's sparkle clean, she's still very nice looking.

We are going to find out...

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You'll find out--- that odometer is a killer. When people see that number, they start thinking "scrap" regardless of how well the vehicle has been kept. Hearing that the tranny and engine are original with that number of miles increases the thoughts of scrap.

I have a '98 Chevy right now with 356,000 on it. If I take it in and try to sell it, I'll be doing good to get a price much above scrap, even though it runs like a champ and pulls like a draft-horse. The age and the mileage stand against getting a good price regardless of what I put into it. I could make it "showroom", and it's still a '98 with 356,000 miles on it. That odometer will sink it fast.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
That's a good idea but my yard just holds so much. Three vehicles plus my XLT10, and 2 more in process. And the moment I get my hands on a new Transit cab/chassis, there will be at least one more project moving about. No, I should sell the Sprinter.

I thought $8500 was generous. The age is going to limit marketability and that's if the odometer doesn't chase people away to begin with.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

A Sprinter dealing was offering a great trade in special for an 06 $1500. I just rolled my eyes at that one. Like someone else said about keeping it, I would put it in storage as a back-up.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If you're retailing it, the amount it can be financed for will be quite a big number in this equation

Anything you want or need ?

You may do better bartering for a scooter, bass boat, convertible, or vacant land.
Anything someone would be willing to part with to get a work vehicle.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If it has to be financed: The banks aren't going to like this, Yogi. Once again, that odometer bites you in the posterior-- and the advanced age of the van doesn't help it either.

Shoot, if you can afford to do it I would side with those who say "keep it". You know the condition of this machine, if your new vehicle turns up as a no-start you have this one ready to go-- and you know it'll do the job.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Can you post a few pics.
Describe any not obvious add ons .

The free ads here are well worth the price.