What is it going to take?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Where is the breaking point for the ordinary common American that voted for Obama?
How can they justify whats been happening not just because of Obama but the last few admins, GOP and Dems.
Both parties are at fault...
How many times can one say ...Give him a chance and lets see what happens...
This last example of government intrusion into the private business has crossed the line of acceptability. A gross mis-use of power.
All Obama had to do was tell the board of directors...Money or Wagoneer..They would have fired him..

Whats is it going to take for Americans to say..This has to stop, I want MY country back.

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
Leave it to the Bod? I think they did that with AIG, You cant trust any of these executives anymore to just do the right thing. They just dont get it.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Barack Obama benefits from a broadly held perception that others bear the bulk of responsibility for state of the U.S. economy, according to a Washington Post/ABC News poll published on Tuesday.

Asked who was responsible for the economic meltdown, 80 percent in the poll blamed banks, financial institutions and corporations. Some 70 percent also blamed consumers for taking on too much debt and the former Bush administration for lax regulation. Only 26 percent said the Obama administration was not doing enough to turn the situation around.

Two-thirds of respondents approve of the way Obama is handling the presidency, and 60 percent approve of the way he is handling the economy.

Sixty-four percent said were confident Obama's policies will improve the economy, down from 72 percent just before he took office in January.

Forty two percent said the country was now heading in the right direction, a five-year high. Late last year, when then-President George W. Bush was in its final months, as many as nine in 10 American said the country was heading in the wrong direction.

The poll of 1,000 adults was conducted Thursday through Sunday and had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Public approval allowed Hitler to do EXACTLY what Obama is doing. By the time all the sheepeople wake up it will be far too late to stop it. The "dumbing down" of our education system and the almost total lack of REAL history classes, not the Columbus sailed the Ocean blue type, have really paid off for these Neo-Nazis. They seem to be able to put almost any cercumvention of the Constitution past as long as they use the "Buzz Words" Like, GREED, or RICH PEOPLE, or EVIL CORPORATIONS, or GUN OWNERS, or SMOKERS AND TOBACCO companies. And the beat goes on and they keep taking total control of the economy. Fascism. Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
as far as HondaKings study reference it means little in a way...I could take a poll of 1,000 people out here and it would likely be 98% that the country is going in the WRONG direction....What would that tell ya?
But obviously there is a lot that agree with what OBama is doing as long as the means justifies the end....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Where is the breaking point for the ordinary common American that voted for Obama?
The ordinary common American that voted for Obama has an inherent mental deficiency that will not allow them to see things as they are, hence no breaking point.
How many times can one say ...Give him a chance and lets see what happens...
Based on two seconds per phrase and time set aside for breathing, personal hygiene, eating and other activities, it's roughly 21,600 times per day.

The alternative is to just take him out back and shoot him.

Whats is it going to take for Americans to say..This has to stop, I want MY country back.
World War III.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That would be WW4 Turtle, WW3 was fought between 1948 and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The ordinary common American that voted for Obama has an inherent mental deficiency that will not allow them to see things as they are, hence no breaking point.
Based on two seconds per phrase and time set aside for breathing, personal hygiene, eating and other activities, it's roughly 21,600 times per day.

World War III.

Wouldn't that be Civil War II???

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Either that or the Second American Revolution. I will say one thing for sure, Obama is a VERY revolting person!!!! Pretty good play on words, eh? :rolleyes: Layoutshooter

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That would be WW4 Turtle, WW3 was fought between 1948 and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Layoutshooter
You're the only person I've ever heard of that calls the Cold War "WW III". And if there is another world war, I guarantee you, no matter how much you go on about it, it will be labeled as WW III.

Wouldn't that be Civil War II???
Nope. An inept and corrupt, or even an oppressive, government won't be enough to do it. Personal liberties have been eroded for generations, and we've sit back and let it happen. By the time people realize something needs to change, we will be powerless to effect any meaningful change, since any power we had will already be long gone.

It'll take an external force to close the wide partisan gap that we have here. The difference between conservatives and liberals is a philosophical one, and no matter how badly the liberal philosophy falters, even to the point of total failure, the liberals will not back down, will not admit they are wrong. No amount of failure will allow them to change their philosophy. Only an external stimulus can do that, be it another world war or an invasion resulting in a war on US soil. Only then will someone rise out of the ashes, so to speak, an independent candidate who was thrust into the position of leadership and trust. Only then will we ever get our country back.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know that Turtle, but as always, the media mis-represented what you all called the "Cold War" so badly that it is very unlikely that much of the truth will ever come out. Too bad, hundreds of thousands were killed fighting the "Cold War". We fought the Soviets everywhere we went, Korea, Viet Nam, Cambodia and the list goes on. Know matter how you cut it, all those people are dead. It was a war, fought over much of the globe. Those of us who were involved know the truth. Labels don't really matter. They are all just dead. Layoutshooter

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Just say goodbye to the American way. Accept what has happened. Roll over and let Obama rub your belly and you just wag your tail. Then let him take you to the vet and write a check from the tax payers money to pay the bill. Oh wait, you have to eat also. Since your not able to take care of yourself, you need to let him feed you also. He will need to buy a dog house which will require some of that bail out money from the banks. To have all this, all you need to do, is wait for him to give a command, do it while your wagging your tail appreciating what he has done for you. :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't roll over. I live my life as a free man and NO man nor government can change that. They may kill me but I will NOT roll over. I was born a free man and I will die as a free man. I cannot be domesticated. Layoutshooter.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No one said anything about dead or not, and the fact that it wasn't a Hot War doesn't diminish anyone's death. There is a very real difference between a Cold War and a Hot War, and the Cold War was precisely that, a Cold one. Yes, the labels really do matter. They have real meaning.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, Korea, hot or cold? Viet Nam, hot or cold? Cambodia, hot or cold? Angola, hot or cold? Real guns, real bombs and real death. Hundreds of other, un-known to most Americans', battle fields where people were shot dead with very hot lead. Many of my compatriots were gunned down in places like Thailand, Ethiopia, Turkey, Greece, just to name a few. Real hot bullets. I know I speak a different launguage and I am not really argueing with you. I guess I am a bit touchy about this. That war, Cold or Hot, was a joke to many in this country. The vets who fought it were often ridiculed, called "BABYKILLER" and worse. Many were killed by "Peace Activists" like the two thrown down the elevator shaft in Boston the first week I was stationed there. Killed by American's, in the name of "PEACE". Many blamed the U.S. for the "Cold War", still do to this day. For many, my self included, look at that conflict as WWIII. I even see some in here go on and on about how wrong we were. I remember the 20 million murdered by the Soviets. To me "Cold War" IS an incorrect label. It was NOT cold. You are correct though the press and media will call the next one WW3. Then again, many of them were on the "OTHER" side in the last one.
Layoutshooter

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter

World War III.

Turtle you couldn't be more right!

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Just curious, do you guys know what the term Cold War even means? Not trying to insult anybody here, but I'm gathering different conclusions from what is being said. Cold War doesn't have any physical fighting between any body. No firing of any weapon. I will not say there wasn't any killing in the back ground, that most was unaware of. But the Cold War refers to having politic differences but not having any military action. There is a lot more into it also.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It was called the "Cold War" because the primary adversaries, the United States and the Soviet Union, never "duked it out" head to head so to speak. The war was fought in the shadows, by the use of "Client States" etc. A lot of it was fought in back allys. That is where the term came from. The media started to break up theaters of operation. Like Korea, was called the Korean War, seperate from the "REAL" "Cold War" Not true but that is how it was reported. That mis-reporting contributed to the extreme length of that conflict. A lot, not all, of that type of reporting was being "directed" by the Soviets. Layoutshooter