What I love most on EO!

Missie600

Active Expediter
I love, love, love to see you guys correct someone who has bad grammar, spelling or punctuation! And you are so snarky when you do it!! :cool:

This is a constant on this forum and it makes me smile every day!

Thanks!

Michelle

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I love, love, love to see you guys correct someone who has bad grammar, spelling or punctuation! And you are so snarky when you do it!!!!!!! :cool:

This is a constant on this forum and it makes me smile every day!

Thanks!

Michelle

Fixed it for ya.
:p

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
The power of the written word can only be felt by the reader if the reader can understand what he/she's reading. I still occasionally make mistakes (not often, thanks to the red underline), and have no problem with someone correcting me.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As much fun as it is to be snarky, it's always a balancing act: those who have confidence [like THawk] don't have any problem with someone pointing out a goof, cause we all do it sometimes. But some people just aren't good at writing, and criticizing them only keeps them from speaking up when they might have something helpful or interesting to add.
I'm always surprised at the people who are afraid to post - it's just words, lol, if somebody yells at you, yell back!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
. . . if somebody yells at you, yell back!

spongebob-yelling.jpg

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
As much fun as it is to be snarky, it's always a balancing act: those who have confidence [like THawk] don't have any problem with someone pointing out a goof, cause we all do it sometimes. But some people just aren't good at writing, and criticizing them only keeps them from speaking up when they might have something helpful or interesting to add.
I'm always surprised at the people who are afraid to post - it's just words, lol, if somebody yells at you, yell back!

Please see recent posts by Jumbuck

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I tend to save it for the folks that use no sentence structure or punctuation what so ever. Little things here and there can be over looked, IMO. I just have a hard time believing that someone that can operate a computer and do what it takes to become someone that can post here, somehow can't put a sentence together at a 4th grade level. I'm sure it's just pure laziness.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to be a decent speller ,but then a couple brain cells got fried reading on here ..and these buttons are to dang small on these phones.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The irony is that it's often the worst offenders who are quick to take offense - the only 'official' reprimand I've ever got on EO was for asking a driver if he was too stupid to drive when he posted a question about hazmat - AFTER delivering the load.
I'd do it again, too, lol.
:p

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Please see recent posts by Jumbuck

Done. And all I can say is that when you post a question on a public board, not every reply will be what you wanted - goes with the territory.
And that no one can make you feel stupid without your cooperation, so why give them the satisfaction?
They can [and often will] point out your mistakes, so if it bothers you a lot, try harder to not give them the ammunition with which to shoot you.

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
Done. And all I can say is that when you post a question on a public board, not every reply will be what you wanted - goes with the territory.
And that no one can make you feel stupid without your cooperation, so why give them the satisfaction?
They can [and often will] point out your mistakes, so if it bothers you a lot, try harder to not give them the ammunition with which to shoot you.

EXCELLENT ADVICE! I will take everything you said to heart! Thanks, Jumbuck:)

moose

Veteran Expediter
Lets make it clear.
as king misspell the III, (2nd royal to Wombat & IRT )
when (not if) you find me misspelling or alike,
you are to send me a PM.
(i thought i made it clear to Jimmijim @ the Expo that this is to be his new gig)
it probably won't help, but it'll make you feel better.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sorry, Moose, but you and Wombat and IRT are such unique voices, we don't want you to sound like everyone else!
Though we do sometimes wonder what planet IRT's native tongue could possibly be from...

Missie600

Active Expediter
Of course we all make mistakes! I am constantly correcting my husband's posts on FB. But his are just because he was in a hurry and didn't do his own proofreading. I get this "not so secret" satisfaction in finding his errors! But he finds it funny too. It is a sparring match for us. I would never, ever, ever do it to hurt his feelings. He can correct me too. But I try hard not to give him the opportunity.

I do have brother who writes run on sentences without any punctuation or caps....it is truly hard to read! I really believe he just doesn't want to try.

I love to read the clever responses on here as well. Very amusing.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I must say there is a BIG difference to what I call snarky and being rude and insulting.

Quite a few of us know each other personally and quite often jab and teasingly pick on each other....hope you can tell the difference in the typing....like Moot calls me a Hoser....:)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Quite a few of us know each other personally and quite often jab and teasingly pick on each other....hope you can tell the difference in the typing....like Moot calls me a Hoser....:)

He really should get his keyboard fixed - replacing the missing 'l' with an 'h' wasn't such a good idea, eh? :p