What happens when we go through a Florida Scale

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Awesome documentary!
Thumb up for the DOT Officer. Great and caring guy:)
And, for the mentioned Alabama trucker? Thousand thanks to the DOT Officer for having such a great compassion.

Reactions: bubblehead

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That was really cool! I want to go shake that guys hand!

Sent from my flying circus

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I frequently share conversation and coffee with DOT officers at scale houses all over the country. The most memorable ones in Oregon, New Mexico and Florida. I have come to believe that they may be our greatest asset in this industry since there seems to be a shift with some major Carriers to cheapen the pay and lower the standards required for driver/contractors. The last line of defense may just be the scale houses as they shut down (OOS) those operators that are running on such thin margins they can't keep their trucks in compliance. Safety should drive this industry and it takes a respectable profit to retain the level of professionals needed to keep our highways safe. Thanks for sharing TeamCaffee!

Reactions: Moot

rollincoal

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know what they're doing but it sure is aggravating to always get red lights at the ag stations! At ag stations I never really see them do anything.

Reactions: Moot

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Pretty neat seeing my buddy in that Red Reo Media truck.. The one they measured. I posted pictures of the inside of his truck awhile back... Thanks for sharing video