What expedite company do you consider.....

bolter82

Expert Expediter
Being the best choice? Currently on with Xpo, but I'm sitting in Louisville, Kentucky with no load. The truck I drive is under cdl, so I can only carry 8500#.

Just want ideas to possibly bring up to the boss, unless they (XPO) somehow change.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Being the best choice? Currently on with Xpo, but I'm sitting in Louisville, Kentucky with no load. The truck I drive is under cdl, so I can only carry 8500#.

Just want ideas to possibly bring up to the boss, unless they (XPO) somehow change.

I have a 33 gvw truck and I only carry 8500#. Been 10 years with this truck and has not been an issue !!!

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
You have to find a company that works for you. Load1, FedEx Custom Critical, Landstar, Panther, TST Expedite, this is to long to name them all. They are all GREAT companies and each company is different from each other.

Let's take FedEx Custom Critical (formerly Roberts Express) who has been the biggest expedite carrier since the start of expedite freight. FedEx Custom Critical is the best at practicing the three T's of business that Dave Dallas talks about. Time, Talent, and Technology. Watch the video below and you will see a great interview with Dave Dallas.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Load 1 is arguably the best company out there and it won't be much of an argument at that. Landstar is also excellent. Panther has upped their game a good bit in the last few years. They've got to be on a short list. There are other companies out there worth investigating as well. Good luck finding the right choice for your specific needs.

Reactions: T270_Dreamin

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can sit with all of the companies, it just depends on where you're at and how you strategically go about accepting the loads that put you in preferred areas. Chicago Detroit Cleveland, I find it hard to do that in those locations. My rule of thumb is its not always about the load your on but the next load you're getting. Where is that load that your doing in the present taking you?

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Where is that load that your doing in the present taking you?

That has been one of my besetting sins, taking loads to BFE because of the nice miles. Sometimes, however, areas that should be good, turn to dust; it all depends on freight movement or the lack thereof. Sometimes it comes down to being in the wrong spot; who here hasn't sat in Nashville collecting dust only to find out Knoxville's hopping?

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I run solo in a Straight truck and when I'm in service 90% of the time they run me every day . Only run Midwest for the most part .

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
what city do you live in check out by the airport there are lot companies , doing pick up at air carg