What companys pay the most per mile, and include g

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
RE: What companys pay the most per mile, and inclu

wierd..The other week I was 4th sprinter in Louisville and got out next day...granted I was only 10 miles from p/u and they may have done that "closest truck" thingee....

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

Nah, OVM. The booboo was suggesting one shouldn't pay attention to dispatch. Not a good thing. My suggestion to y'all that can do a better job of it, would be to get out there and do it completely on your own. Then, you'd know where your customers are at, and, where precisely where to go to get loaded. No guess'in, no nutt'in. It'd be easy then.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

>
>Nah, OVM. The booboo was suggesting one shouldn't pay
>attention to dispatch. Not a good thing. My suggestion to
>y'all that can do a better job of it, would be to get out
>there and do it completely on your own. Then, you'd know
>where your customers are at, and, where precisely where to
>go to get loaded. No guess'in, no nutt'in. It'd be easy
>then.

*LOL* I always ask dispatchers questions I take about 40% of them and 60% of my experience toss a coin and go with it...works most times...don't see me bi###ing...am paying bills and treadding water and in this business that ain't all bad...

kellmellus

Seasoned Expediter

Let's get back to the topic,what van expediting company pays the most per mile plus gas surcharge.

I am looking for a company that pays at least 90 cents per mile plus gas surcharge.

any idea's?

I had a company that was close, town air but they just lowered there pay from 89 cents to 80 cents.

My company pays 70 cents most of the time and i always have to kick in for gas,i can drive till i am blue in the face and not make a living at those prices.and when i have to deadhead home it's worse.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I don't know of any flat rate pay at that level. Panther pays 77cpm plus fsc so that's a 10% increase in base from your 70cpm plus the fsc added to that. I don't run any vans so I don't know how much the fsc for vans is but my wild guess would be in the 8-15cpm range depending on load, customer etc. for a total in the 85-92cpm range on loaded miles.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Express-1's rates for CV's are .70 plus .13 for a total of .83. Thats for a NLM load and reg frieght is .80 plus .13 for. .93.

So compared to the Cat...the rates are close depending on the FSC for NLM with the Cat.

BTW...whats this?? You take money outta your pocket for fuel? Your supposed to!!!!! The FSC isn't designed to pay for ALL fuel. Its a SUBSIDY!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter

you better check to see if any companies are taking on vans,most companies are loaded with them,thats why lack of freightfor the vans

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

I was boohooing for him too OVM. Having to buy some fuel. Tsh, tsh.Nuther one looking for that roast goose to fly in his open face.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

You mean FSC isn't supposed to pay for ALL of our fuel? I can't handle that! I don't think I wanna do this no more.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter

next thing you know people will be complaining because the carrier doesn't help them pay their vehicle payment.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

My company pays 70 cents most of the time and i always have to kick in for gas,

Maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt thats not what he meant?

then again maybe not....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

>next thing you know people will be complaining because the
>carrier doesn't help them pay their vehicle payment.

You mean they don't??? Now I know I don't wanna do this no more! :(

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Let's all try to keep this on a professional and helpful level with doses of humor that don't directly and specifically ridicule any other members. A huge challenge for some I know, but nonetheless let's try.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

Relax, Leo. My humor isn't targetting anyone in particular, but rather a state of mind. Then it's just being silly. :*

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

Part of growing up Leo. Some have not, and some never will without some help ya know.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

It's possible to grow, up as well as to help someone grow up, without doing it in a ridiculing manner.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

kellmellus

Seasoned Expediter

It is very apparent no one has looked into other companys,i have found all sorts of differant packages they are offering.

(1)fact there are a few companys that will pay 100% fuel charge

(2)fact i found 1 company that will pay 71 cents per mile and pay all your other expenses including all your insurances,van,libility,satalite,tolls,and more

(3)fact i have found many companys paying 85-95 cent per mile + include gas surcharge

Since everyone is making fun of me you can all find the companys yourself,i will not tell anyone who they are.I am done with this post.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

kell,
100% fuel surcharge simply means they pay you 100% of the surcharge they collect. It does not mean they pay for 100% of fuel. A fuel surcharge is simply meant to bring YOUR fuel cost down to a reasonable level, usually around $1.25-1.50. This is what fuel was BEFORE fuel surcharges went into effect, and surcharges were implemented to help with costs.

They are not designed to pay for all your fuel.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"The present is what slips by us while we're pondering the past and worrying about the future."

- Ziggy

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

Humor... constructive criticism... both go hand in hand. If you can get past the sarcasm, you will find a lesson. Some ppl use sarcasm to mask their wisdom. Some, humor. Some, seriousness. I, for one, use all three. I'm sarcastic to some very good friends on here. EO is a close knit community where everyone has a different personality. For the most part, everyone respects those differences. I hope you understand that none of us want to see you fail. The pointers are just sometimes hidden in some warped points of view. And being here as long as I have, everyone is warped on EO ;)

BTW... I did mention my company pays 1.00/mi + .22/mi FSC (fluctuates with fuel prices). That's one of the best rates for vans in the biz. Since you didn't respond, I assumed you either didn't see it or didn't qualify. Good luck finding what you're looking for.