What a dirt bag!!!!

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Nazi is a reasonable description of where the neocons are headed, the GOP having been taken over by neocons. So when one defends the party establishment, one defends neo-conservatism, and opens one's self up to charges of goose-stepping and such. It may be an exaggeration, though in some people, less than others. It comes pretty close in the Hannitized, worship-the-troops wing of the party.

Do you support aggressive foreign wars (Iraq & Afghanistan) with a desire to expand it to Iran and/or Syria? Do you favor repression at home i.e. free speech zones, the PATRIOT Act, NDAA, MCA, Santorum's "you don't get a lawyer!," extraordinary rendition to places that torture, indefinite detention or the assassination of American citizens, "enhanced interrogation," etc.? Then don't be shy! Embrace the goose-stepping label! You're 3/4 of the way to actual goose stepping! When troops are in the streets demanding "ze paperz," you'll feel right at home.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

AMonger... you bring discredit upon yourself when you make oblique references to Nazism and try to label other EO members with such language. Too often, Ron Paul supporters resort to over-the-top rhetoric when frustration gets the better of them. Ron Paul himself wouldn't use such tactics, but somehow many of his supporters feel they have a license to use extreme rhetoric. Directly or indirectly labeling nonsupporters of Ron Paul as being Nazi-like is foolish. This is why so many conservatives view Paul's followers as petty and nonserious. You hurt yourselves and your cause acting with such disregard. I am asking you to kindly stop these remarks.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but... I was just trying to get under those other guys skin. Obama hasn't affected me either way that I see. My little world is my job a this truck. If you think about it, Obama bailing out the auto makers, it kept me working by hauling freight for them. So I guess "The Change" did work out good for me.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

I don't know what Turtle is thinking, but that's the definition of a troll.

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
AMonger... you bring discredit upon yourself when you make oblique references to Nazism and try to label other EO members with such language. Too often, Ron Paul supporters resort to over-the-top rhetoric when frustration gets the better of them. Ron Paul himself wouldn't use such tactics, but somehow many of his supporters feel they have a license to use extreme rhetoric. Directly or indirectly labeling nonsupporters of Ron Paul as being Nazi-like is foolish. This is why so many conservatives view Paul's followers as petty and nonserious. You hurt yourselves and your cause acting with such disregard. I am asking you to kindly stop these remarks.

I meant it more of saying, "Fall in line, soldier. The Republican party demands your allegiance."

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The term "goose-stepping" gets applied a lot here to conservatives opposed to Ron Paul. "Goose-stepping" has a great deal of defamatory baggage, conjuring up images of the Nazis of the German Wehrmacht and the fascists of Italy in WW2. It isn't good to loosely assign such language to those who disagree with Ron Paul. I am not aware of any Nazis participating on the EO forums.

Nazi is a reasonable description of where the neocons are headed, the GOP having been taken over by neocons. So when one defends the party establishment, one defends neo-conservatism, and opens one's self up to charges of goose-stepping and such. It may be an exaggeration, though in some people, less than others. It comes pretty close in the Hannitized, worship-the-troops wing of the party.

Do you support aggressive foreign wars (Iraq & Afghanistan) with a desire to expand it to Iran and/or Syria? Do you favor repression at home i.e. free speech zones, the PATRIOT Act, NDAA, MCA, Santorum's "you don't get a lawyer!," extraordinary rendition to places that torture, indefinite detention or the assassination of American citizens, "enhanced interrogation," etc.? Then don't be shy! Embrace the goose-stepping label! You're 3/4 of the way to actual goose stepping! When troops are in the streets demanding "ze paperz," you'll feel right at home.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

I really do not like to get involved when two esteemed members are going at it, but in this case I must.

We really must STOP any and all this calling the other points of view such names as Nazi's.

While I may not agree with a person on a specific issue, that does not make him or her a Nazi.
The Nazi's were and are PURE EVIL!!!!!!
Just because we see things differently does not make the other side evil.
We will get nowhere as a nation until this stops. :mad:

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I really do not like to get involved when two esteemed members are going at it, but in this case I must.

We really must STOP any and all this calling the other points of view such names as Nazi's.

While I may not agree with a person on a specific issue, that does not make him or her a Nazi.
The Nazi's were and are PURE EVIL!!!!!!
Just because we see things differently does not make the other side evil.
We will get nowhere as a nation until this stops. :mad:

Please take note it is always the Ron Paul supporters using Nazi references towards other EO members. It is totally uncalled for, that's why I ask them to stop. Don't associate me with those tactics.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Please take note it is always the Ron Paul supporters using Nazi references towards other EO members. It is totally uncalled for, that's why I ask them to stop. Don't associate me with those tactics.

I told you what I meant by it. If that's not good enough for you, oh well.

Cuuzzz

Seasoned Expediter
{Personal attack and trolling text removed. Please stay on-topic and discuss the issues or take it to a PM. - Turtle}

Last edited by a moderator:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Getting back to the topic at hand, and sticking with it without any more personal insulting, unless the rules have changed the person earning the money pays taxes on the money they earned. After they earn the money and they pay the taxes then they can gift it if they wish. The person receiving the gift is the one not paying taxes. In the case of the children that would be at the tax rate of pretty much zero so there isn't a huge tax scam going on. Provided things haven't changed in the many years since my daughters were recipients from their grandparents.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
{Personal attack and trolling text removed. - Turtle}

What the hell do you think you're accomplishing by calling people names? You're really showing off your intelligence... or lack of it.

Bye troll.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I told you what I meant by it. If that's not good enough for you, oh well.

Hawk, It does not mtter what was meant. Using the term is uncalled for. I'm sure such a sharp individual, such as yourself, can find another way to make your point without resorting to this.

Thank you very much.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Hawk, It does not mtter what was meant. Using the term is uncalled for. I'm sure such a sharp individual, such as yourself, can find another way to make your point without resorting to this.

Thank you very much.

Meaning means everything.

The goose step is a feature of military ceremonies in dozens of countries, to varying extents.
[h=3][edit] Latin America[/h]
[h=3][edit] Europe[/h]
  • Albania
  • Belarus
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • The Czech Republic uses a very mild form of the goose step at honor guard ceremonies, with the foot raised only a few centimeters off the ground. It is not found during military parades.
  • Macedonia
  • Montenegro
  • Poland inherited the goose-step after World War I from her former masters, Germany and Russia. It featured prominently in military parades of the Pilsudski era, and continued into the Communist era [SUP][1][/SUP]. Today, it is difficult to tell whether the goose step is actively used or not. It sometimes appears during military parades when officers seem to raise their foot higher and during honor guard ceremonies, and other times does not appear during these events.
  • Russia
  • Serbia
  • Slovenia
  • Ukraine
[h=3][edit] Africa[/h]
[h=3][edit] Middle East and Central Asia[/h]
[h=3][edit] East Asia and Southeast Asia[/h]
Soldiers of the National Revolutionary Army of the Republic of China goosestepping, 1943

A Chinese People's Liberation Army honor guard goosesteps.

• Cambodia
  • China:
    • The Republic of China adopted the goose step from its German military advisors in the 1920s [SUP][2][/SUP]. The practice continued despite American military aid and the government's move to Taiwan after its defeat in the Chinese Civil War. However, the goose step has become less visible recently, as the formal military parade on Double Ten Day has given way to a less ceremonial parade. The Chinese term for the goose step, 正步 (zhèng bù), literally translates as "straight march" or "upright march".
    • The People's Republic of China inherited the goose step from its predecessor, as Nationalist troops trained in the goose step were absorbed into the Communist armies. However, the practice did not become universal in the People's Liberation Army until the mid 1950s, under Soviet military influence.
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Laos
  • Mongolia
  • North Korea
  • Pakistan
  • Thailand
  • Vietnam received Chinese and Soviet military aid during the Vietnam War. North Vietnam had already begun adopting the goose step by 1954, when the victory at Dien Bien Phu was celebrated with a military parade in Hanoi. This practice continued in the united Vietnam.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
GET ON TOPIC OR GET OUT. Anything other than the topic needs to go to PM or parking lot.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Since once every 8342 posts and this is the once. That's why it isn't as big a tax scam as might be imagined. Besides, if they didn't gift into the kid's college funds they'd just pile up student loans and not pay them back for decades.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
A friend skipped out on a $1800 student loan. Her tax refund was $2800 short this year. Loan is paid off. Her uncle skipped out on a $75 ticket in Chicago. It's ten years old. His refund was short $525. Ticket is paid and Chicago got plenty of penalty and interest.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Since once every 8342 posts and this is the once. That's why it isn't as big a tax scam as might be imagined. Besides, if they didn't gift into the kid's college funds they'd just pile up student loans and not pay them back for decades.

No one is saying it's a scam. Frankly, I don't have a problem with him doing it, except for the fact that he thinks it's ok for him not to practice what he preaches.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't know what Turtle is thinking, but that's the definition of a troll.

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
I'm thinking that I know the difference between a troll and between someone who posts differing opinions backed up with a reasoned argument. This is not an Amway meeting - differing opinions are allowed. And they're allowed even if they are specifically designed to get under someone's skin, as long as they are debated and debatable.

There have been many examples here of where Obama has done something that was just OMG outrageous, mainly because it was Obama who did it, despite the fact that previous presidents, conservatives included, have done the exact same thing, and when that hypocrisy gets pointed out, people cry troll.

Frankly, people who use terms like Obumma, Pantload in Chief, King Putz, and all the other adolescent euphemisms inappropriate for intelligent debate are more guilty of being a troll than anyone who posts an opposing viewpoint with a reasoned argument, because the euphemizers are subsisting on raw emotion, which is what trolls live on.

Even this entire thread, where the president is called a "dirt bag" for doing nothing whatsoever wrong, legally, morally or ethically, is a troll (and could actually be considered SPAM for the "cause" link that was posted). Someone else's uninformed opinion was posted without comment (other than calling the presiden't wife a name, and how mature that is) and is nothing more than trolling in and of itself. If someone has an issue with Obama, and they have to call him names to make their argument, their argument has no credibility, no reasoning behind it, and very little intelligence to back up their position. They reduce themselves to the "I don't like it because I don't like it!" position, which is a very liberal thing to do. I do love a good irony.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No, it's not really a reasonable description at all. It's a fast and easy term applied fast and loose. It's used to make people not want to be that way, the same way other terms are improperly used, and sometimes invented to use in such a manner. Homophobia is a good example of an invented term to make people not want to be homophobic, in order to get them to embrace something atypical as somehow being typical. Unless someone is a Nazi, then they're not a Nazi, and applying references such as "goose stepping" to them is just absurd. Using that logic, every Ron Paul supporter is a goose stepper, as is every Romney and Obama supporter. The reality is, falling in line and supporting something has more akin to being in a marching band than it does being a Nazi, and marching bands were around long before the first Nazi.

Last edited: