What $1,000 in rent can afford in 12 different US cities.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

Have you ever wondered how much of your stuff could fit into a $1,000 per month apartment, but in another city in another state?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
NO, but I always wonder how 5 guys from Moscow could put 6 households worth of furniture in one 84" sleeper.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
This was probably directed at people (like me) who have recent college graduates and current college students as they look over rents nationwide with a glaze over their eyes. $$$$$

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It sure wasn't directed at me - I would rather be homeless than pay $1000 rent every month. :eek:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
On Mountain Creek Road in Chattanooga tn, a 1000 bucks will almost get you a 3 bedroom apartment, but you will be on a 3 month or 6 month waiting list...

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Our chicago rent is $1,200 what does that get us....3BR 2 bath 1,200sq ft. Cpl peeps killed within 2 mile radius within last year for mistaken identity and 1 guy that was victim of that knockout game and were in a good quiet area. We get red light cameras that countdown so when it's green and the count is down to 3 peeps slam on their brakes. You get to pay $28 for parking when you go shopping in the downtown city stores. You have to buy this wonderful $125 parking sticker. For my promaster I get to rack up parking tickets here n there. Plus you get to practice parallel parking everyday at home. Now if you're having a bad day and wanna relieve some stress while driving you will have plenty of options to scream at some dumba$$ illegal immigrant that has no license or insurance. Let me find the good.....neighborhood parks across the street. Lake MI 2 miles away. Lakeshore bike trail for running/biking. The trains for easy access to downtown. Can be a tourist everyday here. Hmmm anymore? Chicago will never be home that's why my drivers license will forever stay Michigan. I've been trying to sway the wife to move back. Her solution, move to the suburbs. Oh let's not forget chicago is great for expediting loads lol.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
On Mountain Creek Road in Chattanooga tn, a 1000 bucks will almost get you a 3 bedroom apartment, but you will be on a 3 month or 6 month waiting list...
wallpaper_thehouse.jpg

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Our chicago rent is $1,200 what does that get us....3BR 2 bath 1,200sq ft. Cpl peeps killed within 2 mile radius within last year for mistaken identity and 1 guy that was victim of that knockout game and were in a good quiet area. We get red light cameras that countdown so when it's green and the count is down to 3 peeps slam on their brakes. You get to pay $28 for parking when you go shopping in the downtown city stores. You have to buy this wonderful $125 parking sticker. For my promaster I get to rack up parking tickets here n there. Plus you get to practice parallel parking everyday at home. Now if you're having a bad day and wanna relieve some stress while driving you will have plenty of options to scream at some dumba$$ illegal immigrant that has no license or insurance. Let me find the good.....neighborhood parks across the street. Lake MI 2 miles away. Lakeshore bike trail for running/biking. The trains for easy access to downtown. Can be a tourist everyday here. Hmmm anymore? Chicago will never be home that's why my drivers license will forever stay Michigan. I've been trying to sway the wife to move back. Her solution, move to the suburbs. Oh let's not forget chicago is great for expediting loads lol.

Edit....1,600sq ft

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Edit....1,600sq ft

Ahh, the joys of the big city, guess folks just like confusion 24/7. I live in the middle of a field and stream magazine, rivers, streams,ducks,fishing,hiking, mountains,good weather,it is quiet, no riots here, large college with engineering and nursing degrees. Again, no 125 dollar parking permits( that is insane)

We do not have a huge shopping center, do not need it. Ok, we got 2 Wally Worlds, I avoid them as much as possible. Ps, 1500 sqft house and a 1500 sq ft basement and a 3 acre yard, about 700 a month. It is 700 ft to the mailbox, great driving range in the front yard, surrounded by cattle here and some horses, 4 chickens,one duck, many Mallards off and on and geese , some snapping turtles, and Mother Nature feeds them, aaaaaaaaaaamen.

If any of you want a nice place to live and good schools, Cookeville tn is a good choice,imho.

If you like fishing,hunting,camping,spelunking and so on, all of this is within 20 miles of my front door . Most of you know the Loves exit and the J on I 40, Cookeville tn. Come on down.