Were to get the green?

Jonlar

Seasoned Expediter
I am currently a Driver for an owner at Fed ex cc (about 1 year) and I am looking to make the change from driver to owner. Un fortuantly my wife can not drive with me so I dont belive that I can save enogh cash to buy a truck outright unless I saved for 15 or 20 years. Which brings me to my question, Who do you sugest getting finacing from? Also any tips on improving credit quickly so I can get a better rate would be greatly Appreciated:)

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Among other things you can do, would be go to 'Expedite Now.com" read all the Articles by Phi Masden senior field Editor & get a free subscription to the magazine. Along with all the free advise this Forum offers.

Jonlar

Seasoned Expediter
Yep, lol I have had that subscription for about 3 years now and the articles on busniuses plans are very helpful. And I have spent the last couple of weeks (cause man its been slow) pouring through the EO forums. Rest assured I don't want to Jump into something that I cant handle but what I am looking for is somebody to take that plan to? Has anybody out there in EO land had a good experice with a lender or at least give me an idea of what to look for? I know that a lease is not a good idea for sure. I also know there are a lot of people out there that try to take advantage of us newbs. I have heard some people paying as much as 17% intrest on a lease and not even realize it. But again what I am hoping to find is a bank or finace company or something to that effect that I pick up a good deal with? Any sugestions or tips for finding one?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The first place to look would be a bank or credit union with which you've done business before, (maybe paid off a previous loan?) because they know you, and your creditworthiness.