well goodbye mate

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
well this might not be the right place to say this but i am still going to add it as i mention yesterday it was the 25th of april a very special day in the lives of australians & new zealanders it was ANZAC DAY a bit like veterans day here in the usa well news from australia last night on the phone out of a squad of 30 men 3 sadly did not return home from vietnam and news last night yet another one of my mate have gone and now sadly since 1969 our number is now down to 17 left only so dave you will be missed mate & thanks for covering my flank i am sure all ex servicemen & women can relate to this post

LEST WE FORGET

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
well this might not be the right place to say this but i am still going to add it as i mention yesterday it was the 25th of april a very special day in the lives of australians & new zealanders it was ANZAC DAY a bit like veterans day here in the usa well news from australia last night on the phone out of a squad of 30 men 3 sadly did not return home from vietnam and news last night yet another one of my mate have gone and now sadly since 1969 our number is now down to 17 left only so dave you will be missed mate & thanks for covering my flank i am sure all ex servicemen & women can relate to this post

LEST WE FORGET

My hats off to you, your pals, past and present...

I hope this is right...
ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. The soldiers in those forces quickly became known as ANZACs, and the pride they took in that name endures to this day.
http://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/anzac/anzac-tradition/

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LEST WE FORGET says it all.

We will never forget those that gave their all to keep us free.

That includes the Armed Forces of our friends. Americans, Canadians, Brits, Aussies, NZ (don't know their nickname),
We are all the same.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
From Kemal Atatürk Memorial, Canberra, and the Atatürk Memorial in Wellington, New Zealand

"Those heroes that shed their blood
And lost their lives.
You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country.
Therefore rest in peace.
There is no difference between the Johnnies
And the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side
Here in this country of ours.
You, the mothers,
Who sent their sons from far away countries
Wipe away your tears,
Your sons are now lying in our bosom
And are in peace
After having lost their lives on this land they have
Become our sons as well"

wimpy007

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
US Army
From one OLD warrier to another it is hard to say goodby to someone who lived a life time together in a bunker or fox hole, they will be in our hearts and prayers forever.

ALL GAVE SOME, BUT SOME GAVE ALL

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter

LEST WE FORGET

You have brought back so many memories of that one Aussie base camp way down south. They used to rotate gunship teams to go and spend a couple of days at a time with the Aussies flying support for their teams in the bush. I remember that camp like it was yesterday. I remember every time we were scrambled out we were eating. I also remember the cooks keeping a meal hot for us when we returned. It seemed as though every wall in the camp had a dart board and every hootch had it's master dart player. I also remember all the Australian beer we could drink was free. We used to volunteer to go down and fly support for them, of course every gunship pilot around would do the same.
Sorry for your loss, but thanks for the memories. Gunslinger 36

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
well was glad you enjoyed our beer lol and was always great to see you guys coming into to throw a snag or steak on the bardie and yes by the way thanks for your air support even if lol one day the wrong orders when down the line and air support USA started to fire on us as you can understand there was some nice words very quickly hey yanks lol wrong