Welcome to Wal-Mart

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Unless of course he was talking about the body part, the back. in that case their back works just fine. :p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have never allowed a receipt checker to view my receipt. Nor will I.

Once you have purchased something it belongs to you, you can do with it whatever you want, and you do not have to prove ownership. If they think you stole something, the burden of proof is on them, not you. They must have probable cause to detain you. If they physically block your exit without probable cause, that's false arrest. If they touch you or your purchases, or if they open the bags and examine your purchases while detaining you, that's illegal search and seizure.

You can certainly cooperate if you like, but if you prefer not to, be polite absolutely tell them "No thanks." Is they insist, just insist "no thanks" politely. Dint get angry, especially the receipt checker, since they're just doing what they've been told to do. You may need to get a manager involved, and to may even have to refresh the manager's training, but the manager knows they can't push it and that you don't have to prove ownership.

Twice I offered to wait while they checked the security tapes and/or register transactions, but assured them they would not see my receipt. Every time I've been allowed to leave with my purchases.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Seriously?
Seriously. You do not have to prove ownership.

When they want to check my receipt against my purchases, and so do without probable cause of even reasonable suspicion, they're accusing me of theft and ate requiring me to prove my innocence.

They're are plenty of people who are perfectly fine with letting a retail store treat you as a customer in that manner. I'm just not one of them.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I never feel anything from challenging a Walmart employee, I have tried if for nothing else, the sense of self, I was bored, your a dumbass, my pecker is bigger. In the end I felt empty and wanting with my purchase. Then I got to the truck and realized they forgot that .30 coupon I gave them at checkout.. Game on Bitches

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have never allowed a receipt checker to view my receipt. Nor will I.
You must never shop at Costco. We got caught leaving Costco once without our postage stamps. The nice lady at the door looked at our receipt and asked if we got our stamps. We had paid for them but the cashier never gave them to us.

Reactions: xiggi and muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Never been to Costco, but I have Sam's. That's a little different because both parties want to make sure transaction piece counts are accurate, not unlike piece counts in freight shipments. But mainly, checking the goods against the receipt is part of the signed membership agreement.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I never feel anything from challenging a Walmart employee, I have tried if for nothing else, the sense of self, I was bored, your a dumbass, my pecker is bigger. In the end I felt empty and wanting with my purchase. Then I got to the truck and realized they forgot that .30 coupon I gave them at checkout.. Game on Bitches
Before you ask me, Yes Seriously.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I never noticed they were gone. But I did try hard not to laugh at a recent one. Such a monotone, please put me out of my misery, greeting. I couldn't image doing that job.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Apparently, there is a loophole. It seems okay as long as it is in a picture/attachment. Just don't type it in.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Apparently, there is a loophole. It seems okay as long as it is in a picture/attachment. Just don't type it in.
No, there's no loophole. The language filters with the new software isn't as aggressive as the old site was. Even after tweaking it, the new censored word list contains but a small fraction of the words contained on he old list. We loosened up the censored word list in order to let conversations be more natural, relaxed. But that doesn't mean it's open season on potty-mouth language. For example, instead of Ragman having to resort to showing his azz or his donkey, he is now free to show his ass instead, but if he calls someone else an ass it could be a problem, depending on the context. Certain words are going to be caught by the censor filters, and if you circumvent the filters in order to post them, including posting a picture of a word you can't type, it's probably going to get Moderated. Words which are no longer censored might still be Moderated, but it just depends on the context, rather than the word itself.

It's a kinder, gentler, more laid back EO Forums, but just the same, you can't go and :censoredsign: all over the place. :D

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, there's no loophole. The language filters with the new software isn't as aggressive as the old site was. Even after tweaking it, the new censored word list contains but a small fraction of the words contained on he old list. We loosened up the censored word list in order to let conversations be more natural, relaxed. But that doesn't mean it's open season on potty-mouth language. For example, instead of Ragman having to resort to showing his azz or his donkey, he is now free to show his ass instead, but if he calls someone else an ass it could be a problem, depending on the context. Certain words are going to be caught by the censor filters, and if you circumvent the filters in order to post them, including posting a picture of a word you can't type, it's probably going to get Moderated. Words which are no longer censored might still be Moderated, but it just depends on the context, rather than the word itself.

It's a kinder, gentler, more laid back EO Forums, but just the same, you can't go and **** all over the place. :D
Doug Travels would be proud! Hey rags got a pic for that one?:)