WEEK ONE WITH PANTHER

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
SLOW DOWN ?? NO WAY .. FIRST WEEK OUT 06-13 184 MILE RUN 06-14 212 MILE RUN AND A PAID DRY RUN 06-15 42 MILE MINI 06-15 49 MILE MINI 06-15 PD MINI DRY RUN 06-16 689 MILE 06-17 160 MILE 06-17 988 MILE RUN WITH SURCHARGES AND LAYOVER PAY THE SPRINTER GROSSED 2217.66 FOR THE FIRST WEEK...AM I TIRED?? YESS.. IS THE WIFE STILL PISSY ABOUT THIS BUSINESS ?? YESS... AM I MOTIVATED?? YES... NOW I NO THIS WEEK ISNT STARTING OUT AS WELL AND ALREADY THERE IS AREAS I DESPISE SUCH AS DETROIT..BUT I AM HAVING FUN..AND WIFE AGREAD TO GO WITH ON THE 26TH FOR A FEW DAYS...IT CANT ALL BE BAD..JUST GIVING YOU SOME INPUT ON WEEK ONE....

miko

Expert Expediter
Ok, wait untill you will have a bad week or some medical problems, or you need the rear axle replaced... Not to piss you off here, but we all been there done that. When I have a good week, I seem to believe that I can make this much money every week, but the reality is different.
But since you are having fun, go ahead!
I had such odd runs last week that it pooped me out for the first time ever and I came home early and was so glad that I could sleep in my own bed for more than one day!

Keep us posted!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That sounds like a great starting week. As you'll hear many times, don't expect them all to be like that. Put as much of that money away as you can for reserve for the weeks that are eventually going to come and make you want to quit. It can be a great business and a great life provided you wisely invest the great to cover for the crummy. Good luck to you.

Leo
truck 4958

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep Last week was my best week all year.This week so far 1 run from Lordstown Ohio to Brooklyn New York.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones

Drluvv

Expert Expediter
HondaKing you sound like the typical newbie starting out. Not to bust your bubble but Panter and some of these other outfits always give their new contratctors a lot of runs their first and second week out. It's good to hear that you like what you've seen so far and started off on the right foot, its the money and the freedom of the job that keeps us going in this business. But there are days, weeks, and months that you'll be sitting and wonder what the hell is going on.

Loose_Cannon47

Expert Expediter
HondaKing, it's good to see that you are off and running...it's unfortunate that you have to get more "discouragement" than encouragement from some of the experts here (see Cargo's "Business Plan" topic on the Newbies forum for more of the same)...I'm sure you've read all the posts, and realize that this is an up and down business, so please take all the repies you have received with a very large grain of salt...I'm quite confident that you will do well... :)

Loose

G

Sounds like you're having a good time and making money. What more could you ask for?

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
yOU ALSO HAVE TO REMEMBER WE ARE COMMING INTO THE WORSE 2 MONTHS OF THE YEAR, JULY BIG # 3 GM FORD CHYSLER, PLUS MOSTLY ALL OF THE CAR MANUFACTER CLOSE DOWN FOR THE FIST 2- 3 WEEKS IN jULY AND OTHERS WILL CLOSE FOR VACATIONS THROUGH JULY AND AUGUST, IT WILL SLOW ALMOST TO A CRAWL, SO HAVE SOME OF THE $$$$ PUT AWAY.

fRANK

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I Don't think I was Discouraging HondaKing Just Letting Him know what to Expect In this Business.Like I always say Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones.....I miss the Good Old Days when you had to Beg Dispatch to go Home.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones

Drluvv

Expert Expediter
I don't think I was discouraging either. When I first started in this business I was given some great advice from other drivers and was told that there were going to be good weeks and bad weeks so save as much as you can when the money is flowing in and don't spend too much when things slow down. Some drivers will paint such a beautiful picture about expediting that will make you want to sell your house, cash in your 401k, so that you'll have the money to buy your own truck loaded with all the goodies. Then when your not getting any load offers or offers that aren't paying what your used to getting and your bills start piling up, those same drivers will tell you that thats to be expected or they're nowhere to be found. I tell it like it is and don't sugar coat the truth. Hondaking expediting is a great way to see the country and get paid to go where you want to go. I hope you have as much fun as me and most of the other drivers out here. If you work hard, save your money, work out a budget that you can live on and still have money in the bank, you'll be driving for a long time. Just be aware of the pit falls, the economy, and don't get used to making top dollar every week of every month.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
"always with the negative waves moriarty,always with the negative waves".donald sutherlin to gavin mc cloud in the movie "kelly's heroes"

M A WEBSTER

Expert Expediter
you'll be spoon fed the 1st 2or3 months. after that its dog eat dog.you may not make enough to feed the cats let alone pay expenses qc,ins ect.ect. save up for rainy days. too many vehicles and not enough freight.will never be as big as fedex.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I can say the straight trucks and tractors have been very busy.

Not sure on anything with the vans?

We overall have been doing very well.

Davekc

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I agree with Fastman and the others on word of caution. My firs week with both co.s were my best (until last week 26 weeks ago). The reality sits in those #s should not be used as averages but goals to meet or beat.

Sounds like things just clicked for him as it did for me but continuing that success is hard as we all know. But boy when its your turn to click those heels keep on rolling cause its a blast. It will happen again but do not count on it week after week.

Loose_Cannon47

Expert Expediter
Come on, ya gotta give HondaKing an 'A' for exuberance...I bet you all were every bit as excited your first week (or your first BIG paycheck)...or have you forgotten?...

Loose