Warning Concerning The "Other Site"

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Funny thing, guess I got under their skin over there. :D

Now the 2 main posters there, GoofBall and Booger, are regsitering members names from here and posting under the guise of being the member from here also.

Someone registered the name "Brisco", and even placed my home location in the profile. I have registered "Brisco" on several several trucking related discussion boards over the years, and you will find the name "Brisco" somewhat respected on each and every one.

I had no intentions of ever regsitering my long used username there at that "other" site, ever. So, for those that peruse that other board and see that name. NO, it is not me.

Discussion board games, that's all. No skin off my back.........

Now to the warning...........

Not only does the group that started that board not like to follow Code of Conduct rules on other discussion boards, they aren't even following the "Terms and Conditions of Use" of their own servicer for that board.

vBulletin.com Terms of Use

Down under the "Content" clause, it clearly states "Impersonation of another person or persons".

Do I have the "Legal" right to the name "Brisco"? Of course not, but in the online land of La La when it comes to Discussion Boards, them registering the name Brisco, and then impersonating me, falls under this clause. But, according to vBulletins complaint department, it doesn't.

Now if they used my real name, as Lawrence and many others here do, it is a viable legal dispute. Again, no skin off my back.

Another thing people here need to be concerned with is they are posting IP addresses out in the open. So, if some of you here are interested in regsitering over there to "stand up" to the blatant disrespect they're airing towards this board and many of the members here, I'd think twice about it.

The 2 or 3 that are running that board have very disgruntled "Howad Stern" type of personalities over there. When you register, you are giving those 2 or 3 carte' blanche access to information about you, whether you agree with it or not. You can be tracked by your e-mail address, even it's a fake one like many have. (Including Me) You can be tracked by your IP addy. What if you happen to get "under their skin", of which I have obviously done WITHOUT even posting there, and they get their pannies all wadded up and want to seek revenge or harrass you for a while??? Just saying........be careful.

My advice, DO NOT register there and let them go on with their ways. It'll catch up to them sooner or later.

Lawrence, Dale,

Look over the rules for vBulletin boards in the link I posted above. I know you can find rules blatantly ignored over on that board. (Copying and Pasting posts from here) I know your staff that keeps the board up can stop a lot of that if they put the time in. If they crossed the line with the impersonation of the username "Brisco", who's to say what they're going to do next with other members here that have worse reputations than I do???? (not saying others are worse than I, just in others eyes they may be :p )

And, if you want to move this thread way up there in the "General Forum", go ahead. Others may not read it down here.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Bump....More People to need to read and take this warning seriously.

Know what I mean.............

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Read their latest post?

They have demands. Yes, demanding that EO do certain things and not do other things, then they'll make nice.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Read their latest post?

They have demands. Yes, demanding that EO do certain things and not do other things, then they'll make nice.

They have no RULES, No sense of order....would you even expect them to play fair If those demands were met?
That site isn't going anywhere....it is NO threat to EO...
Actually THEY are helping EO keep an orderly site...the usual trouble makers are leaving here and threads with REAL substance are not getting messed up with their nonsense...

Brisco

Expert Expediter
They have no RULES, No sense of order....would you even expect them to play fair If those demands were met?
That site isn't going anywhere....it is NO threat to EO...
Actually THEY are helping EO keep an orderly site...the usual trouble makers are leaving here and threads with REAL substance are not getting messed up with their nonsense...

Totally agree.........

Back 10-12 years ago when these social type of discussion boards started making their way online, I had a good dozen or so that I leased to small town newspapers in West Texas. First couple of years the boards were online they were full of clean well meaning members that actually contributed to the board and helped promote them throughout their communities. (Like EO is here for the Expditing Community) Had fun managing them the first few years. Then when the idiots and degenerates started showing up, they got to be a handful. (Lawrence probably knows this well) There were a lot of "cast-off" discussion boards created too when we had to clean house of the filth members.

To this day, every single one of those discussion boards are gone. When Gore tried to steal the election from Bush, rudeness, filth, harassment, and degenerates filled the boards up. So, I shut 'em down. Wasn't worth the hassle. However, all those small town newspapers went on to get their own boards and are still functioning today. And, not a single "cast-off" board that was created by the Boogers and Goofballs in my day are to be found.

One of the most troublesome posters I ever dealt with had the username "Trouble1957". The guy was a major moron. Always always getting into it with others. DT over there reminds me of Trouble. I googled Trouble1957 earlier. The guy is still around. I found posts on other boards from 2009-2010 where he was still online. (had to go back 15-20 + pages) But, all the boards he started up after I banned him from all dozen or so of my boards are long gone. (The Farkin' Bastages - The Fargin Iceholes - others)

So again, I totally agree. There is NO threat to EO there. EO will be here for probably a couple of more decades, if not longer. In a couple of years that "other" board will be gone. And a couple of years after that, no one here will even remember it.

With that said, I'm done talking about the filth that's been cast off this board and their new-temporary playground. Aint worth the time. I'm just gonna go on with my ways of helping who I can-when I can with my 10 year - 700K mile OTR experience, even if it isn't in the Expediting Industry.

I'm leaving my "signature" up for a while though. People seem to LOVE it!!! :p

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Brisco,
I don't know if most understand that with today's $10 a month hosting packages, setting up a forum is a five minute venture at most and forums come and go in mass. Anyone can setup a forum but to make it desirable to go and participate takes work.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Brisco,
I don't know if most understand that with today's $10 a month hosting packages, setting up a forum is a five minute venture at most and forums come and go in mass. Anyone can setup a forum but to make it desirable to go and participate takes work.

Not only $10 a month boards, but there's also hundreds of "Free" boards people can choose from.

Agree also, it's the "content" provided that keeps the board active and the members coming back. I see it here, not there.

And, one more thing. A board that has hundreds of "members" doesn't mean it's a "Popular" board, or even an active board. All boards that are created always have a daily influx of new members. 80-90% of those new members are not there for the content of the board itself, but are board spammers/scammers from India, Italy, Russia, Poland, and so on that are seeking the personal information of the legitimate members there. (I know, I delete a good 5-10 "new" members daily on the trucking board I moderate at when their IP addys show that they're from overseas ISP providers)

So, don't let 'em blow smoke up your buttomans when they say "we're getting popular now" cause new members are joining everyday, OK. ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Smell that? Smells like bird stew. Hopefully it'll turn out OK. I'd hate to see the whole pot thrown out because it stinks too much.