Want to my own Sprinter

TeamBud8

Seasoned Expediter
I want to get into expediting,with my own Sprinter.I heard from a Dodge Sprinter dealership,that 2006 is the last year for a diesel Sprinter.They are going to gas,in 2007.I have really bad credit,is there any company that will even look at you with bad credit and loan you money,to start up a new business,or get a Sprinter? Thank you !

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
>I want to get into expediting,with my own Sprinter.I heard
>from a Dodge Sprinter dealership,that 2006 is the last year
>for a diesel Sprinter.They are going to gas,in 2007.I have
>really bad credit,is there any company that will even look
>at you with bad credit and loan you money,to start up a new
>business,or get a Sprinter? Thank you !

The Dealer as per usual doesn't have a clue. Dodge is making a 4 cylinder and a 6 cylinder diesel. The 5 cylinder is being discontinued. ALSO it's also coming in a V6 GAS version as well.

Bad credit! I'd have to say you need at least $5,000 cash - credit for start up costs. ALSO X-mas is coming. Save your money and wait till spring now.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Get at least $8000 for the down payment, the bigger the down payment the easier it will get the credit needed but you will pay higher interest rates - been there done that!

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
Based on the number of expedite vans I see in my travels that seem to be growing roots in the truckstop parking lots, I think I'd be leery of going into debt to buy one at this point in time.

Rex

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree with rode2rouen. It has'nt been a good year, in general, for vans. Things will have to go good the rest of the year for this to be my 2nd worst year I've had in the business. I would be very leary of spending the big bucks on a Sprinter.

tazman

Expert Expediter
Hi,

You indicate that you have really "bad credit"....
Do you own a vehicle now ???
Did you or have you made timely payments ????
Have you declared a bankrupcy ???
Judgements or tax liens ????

If anything shows up...it's doubtful you could get "bought" on a unit like this...especially for business purposes....
However I've seen strange things happen.....

Talk to you local bank....or a credit union....
Lots of down money helps....

And if you are committed to doing this have a "written business plan" on how you intend to "make money" with the truck......show projected expenses, revenues etc.....

Good luck....

P.S. - Post January 1 2007...emission compliant Sprinters will be about $3000-4000 to purchase.....2006 units are all built out

Frank in Pa.

"The Beast in the East"

TeamBud8

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks to all who responded to wanting my own Sprinter.Just an opinion here.I don't want to single anyone out that responded to my questions.
Whether you believe it or not....there is no XMAS...IT'S CHRISTMAS.JESUS WAS BORN UNTO THIS DAY ! THIS UPSETS ME WHEN PEOPLE SAY XMAS.THANK YOU ! : )

The only easy day,was yesterday - U S Navy Seals

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
>Thanks to all who responded to wanting my own Sprinter.Just
>an opinion here.I don't want to single anyone out that
>responded to my questions.
> Whether you believe it or not....there is no XMAS...IT'S
>CHRISTMAS.JESUS WAS BORN UNTO THIS DAY ! THIS UPSETS ME WHEN
>PEOPLE SAY XMAS.THANK YOU ! : )
>
>
>
>
>The only easy day,was yesterday - U S Navy Seals

can't remember where i read this but it is true. early christians being the prosecuted lot they were took the cross and made an X out of it. the romans were not looking for x's just crosses. i didn't like the x-mas abbreviation either until i read that explanation. course most folks don't know the origin.

stay cool brother. gotta know when to turn the other cheek and which arguments are worthwhile. sez that somewhere in the black book.

Jack Berry