WALMART

Sleepydog

Expert Expediter
Hey everybody. Hope all had a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. A few months ago someone had posted a web site that you can buy a book that listed every Wal-Mart location. I can't seem to find it now. Can anyone help out? Thanks a million.:D :D :D

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you buy a copy of Rand Mcnally Road Atlas at Walmart,there is a section showing every location. It even shows what exit to use for those locations close to an interstate.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
do a google search for wal-mart locations. some enterprising Wal-mart associate (i think that is what they are called) put a complete and rather up to date list on a web-site. I saved the info and added it to my truck stop excel list.

aquawarrior7

Expert Expediter
The Next Exit at most truck stops should have the listings you desire.
I have an old one and it has walmart in red along with truckstops.I think it is supposed to be places that rv's can park at are in red.
I haven't looked at the new ones though/

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This may be redundant for a lot of us but you can identify a Walmart Supercenter that is off a exit on an interstate. After the lodging and food signs come up,if the Fuel sign says Murphy Oil that is a Walmart Supercenter. Murphy oil is the Walmart fuel outlet and you can ususally find a place off in a corner to park.

USNSeal

Expert Expediter
You may want to watch where you park,if that is what you want Walmart for.Many Walmarts are following Meijers.Signs everywhere no parking for trucks.I saw a 2006 Exit book at Flying J,can't remember where though.Sorry ! Maybe they have them on there website.Chow !:)

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

just go to www.walmart.com at the bottom of the page click on find a store the type in any city and it will show all the stores within however many miles you choose

BanditMan

Expert Expediter
It seems as if any city denoted on a map as 5,000 population or more should have one. I can drive 5-15 minutes North, South, East, or West and be at a Wal-Mart, and they just announced they are building one less than a minute from my house.

In three of the existing locations, they have already abandoned their first "big box building" and built SuperCenters.

If you want a good laugh...or a good cry, depending on your opinion of their business philosophies, check out the video spoof "Big Box Mart on www.jibjab.com

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Redytrk is correct, the Road Atlas lists all locations, and it only costs $5.00. Which is good, as it's unlaminated, & therefor subject to wear & tear. And spilled coffee.....:eek:

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
> Redytrk is correct, the Road Atlas lists all locations, and
>it only costs $5.00. Which is good, as it's unlaminated, &
>therefor subject to wear & tear. And spilled coffee.....:eek:

I cover mine with clear Contact Paper. Makes it last thru the year,then I pass it on to a relitave,and get a new one every Oct.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
While some WalMarts allow truck parking , all of them will be posting No Idling signs due to fines WalMart has paid in the past .

suptrucker2202

Expert Expediter
I like the quote $5.00 for whining just wondering if you ever heard the song i know it has nothing to do with the post but to fix that you can probably by the cd the song is on at walmart.com (free plug)ha-ha.:+