Verizon Carrier Discount Change - Panther

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
For those of you at Panther (and a few who aren't but used to be :D), this is important information.

From Verizon:

We've updated the agreement between Verizon Wireless and your employer or association. As a result your employee discount will change on 6/8/2013.

All eligible wireless numbers on your account will now receive a 15% Monthly Access Discount. [Instead of the current 19% Discount]

To be eligible for a discount a wireless number must be on a calling plan $34.99 or higher (data features $24.99 or higher are also eligible for discounts when added to calling plans $34.99 or higher). Some plans, such as Unlimited Anytime Minute plans, Family SharePlan® secondary lines, as well as $30/2GB data plans, are not eligible.

For your convenience a confirmation letter which includes an updated summary of your service is provided online

Want a bonus discount? An additional 3% Bonus Discount will also apply if you register for My Verizon and enroll in paperless billing by 6/8/2013. If you've already completed these steps, then you're all set!

Note: If you activate any lines of service prior to 6/8/2013, these lines, if eligible, will receive your current employee discount and then be converted to the discount outlined above.

P.S. Confirmation letters and other account notifications can also be found in the Account Change Notification section of My Verizon’s My Documents & Receipts page.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Not just Panther. We were using our discount from Tri-state still, and received the same email. Wondering if it is an across the board thing.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
OK. Panther and Tri-State. Any others?
I know there are, but I just don't know for sure which ones are involved in the new rate changes. Plus, there are probably quite a few people who are eligible for such a discount and don't even know it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Those who wanted to discuss a completely different topic have been given their own thread.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Hey turtle, im still using my discount plan from my ltl carrier and that the same thing. I think its across the board. Went from 19 to 15%

saintpoly

Rookie Expediter
For those of you at Panther (and a few who aren't but used to be :D), this is important information.

From Verizon:

no longer work for panther but loved the 19 % discount i need to confirm for the current 15 % discount can anyone share the panther link ? thank you in advance :eek:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
no longer work for panther but loved the 19 % discount i need to confirm for the current 15 % discount can anyone share the panther link ? thank you in advance :eek:
Apparently, in order to confirm you still work there you’ll be asked to provide your work email address or a legible copy of a recent paystub. The paystub should not be more than 60 days old.
Employee Validation FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Which means if Load One doesn't have a discount with Verizon, I'm screwed, 'cause I'm not gonna try and fake a Panther pay stub, and I certainly don't have a Panther e-mail address.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been using the Panther discount for a few years but I'm not an employee nor do I have a pay stub. I hope Verizon will accept a copy of weekly settlement sheet.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I've been using the Panther discount for a few years but I'm not an employee nor do I have a pay stub. I hope Verizon will accept a copy of weekly settlement sheet.

If you have a Panther id badge that works. We changed our discount to the FECC discount using the badge. It just have to have your name and the company name.
Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

TropixBum

Active Expediter
From what I hear this is mostly across the board with a lot of companies. I know with us and another carrier a friend of mine used to be with they did the same with cutting the discount from 19 to 15%..... Is Verizon this broke? :what:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

saintpoly

Rookie Expediter
whoa Thanx Jenny went to verizon with my badge and it worked they gave me my discount back
Not just Panther. We were using our discount from Tri-state still, and received the same email. Wondering if it is an across the board thing.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I replied to the Verizon Employment validation E-mail by submitting a copy of my settlement sheet that Panther provides weekly. It contained all the info Verizon required and a whole lot more. But, it got rejected. Has anyone submitted a scan of their Settlement Sheet and retained their discount?

If you have a Panther id badge that works.
I don't have a Panther id badge, working or otherwise. Does Panther distribute id badges at orientation?

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
How about going for the panther discount in person at a Verizon place, with your two-headed cat van highly visible through the windows; would that perhaps convince them?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I don't have a Panther id badge, working or otherwise. Does Panther distribute id badges at orientation?

Maybe sending a photo of you in Daisy Dukes and a half shirt all sudsy washing your van will be proof, if not the right people may call to tell you what you need to do.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe sending a photo of you in Daisy Dukes and a half shirt all sudsy washing your van will be proof, if not the right people may call to tell you what you need to do.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Or not!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

daisy+dukes.jpg