Vegas shooting, concert this morning

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Then let's also ban motor vehicles since they kill far more than guns. Also we'll ban all tobacco products. Alcohol also must be banned. We can't be hypocrites. Ban, ban, BAN those things that although inanimate and although owned and enjoyed by scores of millions of people are misused by a few thousand. It's the inanimate object's fault of course, not the human who misuses it. So ban them all. In order of lethality. So tobacco is gone tomorrow, alcohol soon after. I'm sure you are fine with that since your interest is in banning objects that can be harmful.

Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Then let's also ban motor vehicles since they kill far more than guns. Also we'll ban all tobacco products. Alcohol also must be banned. We can't be hypocrites. Ban, ban, BAN those things that although inanimate and although owned and enjoyed by scores of millions of people are misused by a few thousand. It's the inanimate object's fault of course, not the human who misuses it. So ban them all. In order of lethality. So tobacco is gone tomorrow, alcohol soon after. I'm sure you are fine with that since your interest is in banning objects that can be harmful.
It'll happen, in our lifetime .... & I'll be glad when it does.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Also, people choose to purchase & ingest alcohol & tobacco. Liability is on them.

Who chooses to get slaughtered in a mass shooting. It's murder! How do you still defend it? It's asinine ..

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Those same people who choose to buy alcohol then go out in their vehicles and maim and kill people. It's no different except you have the left's koolaid on guns. Scores of millions of people own guns that are never misused. The gun isn't the problem. The person is the problem. Taking away the guns won't change a thing. Unless you also take away all knives, machetes, baseball bats, fireplace pokers and every other inanimate object that can be misused by evil people there will be no change. I'm sorry you can't comprehend it.

Reactions: ntimevan

dalscott

Expert Expediter

I for one am soooo sick of that weak argument. First, my car is registered and renewed every year. Second, I have to prove that I am competent to operate said vehicle and my license has to be renewed every four years. Third, I have to carry liability insurance on said vehicle in case I go off the deep end and do something. At least if I do, the victims or their families get something for their hurt. I can’t just go to a flee market, buy a car and hit the road.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I for one am soooo sick of that weak argument. First, my car is registered and renewed every year. Second, I have to prove that I am competent to operate said vehicle and my license has to be renewed every four years. Third, I have to carry liability insurance on said vehicle in case I go off the deep end and do something. At least if I do, the victims or their families get something for their hurt. I can’t just go to a flee market, buy a car and hit the road.

Well said ....

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Actually you can just go to craigslist an buy you a car an hit the rd I am a firm believer of the right to have weapons

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nothing weak about it. If you want to blame inanimate objects for damage to society you have to blame them all. Also, your car is a privilege not a right. You have no guaranteed right to a car. Also, everywhere you said you "have to" is incorrect. You are "supposed to" but that doesn't mean you have to. Look at how many, 1 in 8 according to some reports, are driving with no insurance. Probably more like 48 out of 50 in the ILLEGAL community. And yes, you can go to your local flea market or many other places and buy a car for cash and take off, with no background check. So sorry, but your entire response is leftist hand wringing anti-gun bs.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Nothing weak about it. If you want to blame inanimate objects for damage to society you have to blame them all. Also, your car is a privilege not a right. You have no guaranteed right to a car. Also, everywhere you said you "have to" is incorrect. You are "supposed to" but that doesn't mean you have to. Look at how many, 1 in 8 according to some reports, are driving with no insurance. Probably more like 48 out of 50 in the ILLEGAL community. And yes, you can go to your local flea market or many other places and buy a car for cash and take off, with no background check. So sorry, but your entire response is leftist hand wringing anti-gun bs.

You can’t legally and you know it. Let’s see if you feel so macho pro gun if, God forbid, some of your loved ones get mowed down like that. It’s easy to stand the high ground when it’s someone else.

Reactions: Grizzly

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Many own or carry a pistol...our permit instructor told us to run away if you can before you shoot....its those stray bullets that kill the innocent person that gets you in real trouble...l know, there will always be that weird circumstance where you cant run or some other thing...if its your home,,then do it..shoot.....................

Reactions: ucfd608