Vegas shooting, concert this morning

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
More than 50 dead in Las Vegas after deadliest shooting in modern US history

I'm of the belief that this should never happen on our soil. Not at home ... never!

We should have outright banned guns after Sandy Hook. As a society, we're lost ...

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
What scares the hell out of me is the mentality of who in the hell organized this event and hopefully they are held accountable for not only every single person that was injured or passed away but also hold accountable the property owner, the police department, or lets blanket law enforcement all together.

How in the hell do you bring together all these people surrounded by high rise buildings and not have the proper pre cautions in place to protect everyone?

Especially in the world we live in and nobody was in position on roof tops watching for this? Whats it cost to hire a 1/2 dozen sharp shooters?

I can tell you what it did cost to not have a 1/2 dozen sharp shooters

My concern now is the terrorist sitting back looking at our law enforcement community.

And I dont blame the hard working men and women of law enforcement but the pencil pushing white collar wanna be cops that I believe could of done more.

Wonder if the President was at that event just how fast that incident would have been contained or if it would of even happened.

Sent from my LGLS990 using EO Forums mobile app

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
John, it is a different world now. I was a senior in high school when President Kennedy was killed and the world has gone downhill ever since IMHO. Nutcases are coming out of nowhere every few months, way to many...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Gun bans only affect the honest citizens. They have no effect on criminals and don't eliminate any criminal actions. They only make the honest citizens more vulnerable. That's not a solution at all. That's a hand wringer's safe zone proposal.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They have no need for vehicles with more than 4 cylinders and 40 horsepower. They have no need for smart phones. They have no need for many many things. That doesn't mean they shouldn't have them if they want them. After all, they are honest, law abiding citizens. It's within their rights.

Reactions: ucfd608

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gun bans only affect the honest citizens. They have no effect on criminals and don't eliminate any criminal actions. They only make the honest citizens more vulnerable. That's not a solution at all. That's a hand wringer's safe zone proposal.

This is one of the biggest lies perpetrated in our society. Look at how other civilized societies handle gun laws. Canada? Australia? You'll be able to find examples of failures in those system. No system is perfect. But the frequency & scope of those failures is much smaller. That matters! Too many of our citizens are dying each year from gunfire! Sorry man, we're never going to be able to establish a set of standards of who is responsible enough to carry firearms & who is not. So they should all be banned! They have no place in modern society.

Let me guess ... this is the price for freedom? This is not freedom. We are under siege.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They have no need for vehicles with more than 4 cylinders and 40 horsepower. They have no need for smart phones.
World of differences and you know it.

No, no difference at all. All are objects. All are legal to own. Granted, there is the difference that only one is guaranteed to us by the Constitution and the others are not. But otherwise no difference.

Reactions: ucfd608

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

This is one of the biggest lies perpetrated in our society. Look at how other civilized societies handle gun laws. Canada? Australia? You'll be able to find examples of failures in those system. No system is perfect. But the frequency & scope of those failures is much smaller. That matters! Too many of our citizens are dying each year from gunfire! Sorry man, we're never going to be able to establish a set of standards of who is responsible enough to carry firearms & who is not. So they should all be banned! They have no place in modern society.

Let me guess ... this is the price for freedom? This is not freedom. We are under siege.

The problem isn't the inanimate object. The problem is the society.

Reactions: ntimevan

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
John, it is a different world now. I was a senior in high school when President Kennedy was killed and the world has gone downhill ever since IMHO. Nutcases are coming out of nowhere every few months, way to many...
I agree with the nutcases coming out of nowhere. Look at me coming back out of nowhere after a couple years. I know im certifiable.! But no killer ( unless your a spider) then its on!

Reactions: skyraider

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was a senior in high school when I was in the 12th grade. Jk. Blond joke. Lmao

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They have no need for vehicles with more than 4 cylinders and 40 horsepower. They have no need for smart phones.

List of motor vehicle deaths in U.S. by year - Wikipedia

Here's a list of motor vehicle fatalities in the US by year. The important column is Fatalities Per 100M.
At some point, folks realized that this consumer good we were using, the car, was pretty unsafe. Lots of people were dying using them. We decided to make them safer, saving millions of lives. Seat belts, ABS, airbags, all of it.

My son, 16, got his first car this summer. First order of business ... register it.
Buy a gun .... crickets .... nada .... nothing ...
It's an absolute JOKE how we dish out guns & violence in the US!

Reactions: Ragman

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

No, no difference at all. All are objects. All are legal to own. Granted, there is the difference that only one is guaranteed to us by the Constitution and the others are not. But otherwise no difference.

Laws can be changed.

Reactions: Ragman

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So obviously we need to completely ban public ownership and operation of vehicles and save all those innocent lives.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Here's a list of motor vehicle fatalities in the US by year. The important column is Fatalities Per 100M.
At some point, folks realized that this consumer good we were using, the car, was pretty unsafe. Lots of people were dying using them. We decided to make them safer, saving millions of lives. Seat belts, ABS, airbags, all of it.

My son, 16, got his first car this summer. First order of business ... register it.

You either know nothing about the process of buying a firearm or you choose to ignore it to fit an agenda. Either way enjoy it while you can. Soon after you allow the Second Amendment to be dissolved the First, Fourth and Fifth will be close behind.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

You either know nothing about the process of buying a firearm or you choose to ignore it to fit an agenda. Either way enjoy it while you can. Soon after you allow the Second Amendment to be dissolved the First, Fourth and Fifth will be close behind.

911.jpg