van warranty

Slowpoketex

Expert Expediter
I drive a straight truck for Panther, and am very pleased with the company and freight. Looking to lease on my own Van and found a Chevy 3500 Express Extended van 6.0 liter engine, but was told if I used it for commercial application any warranty would be voided from dealer. Any suggestions or help on this is appreciated. Thanks

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You need to find a new Dealer I own a 03 GMC 2500. When I bought it GM Upfitted it for me as a perk on the deal.What else would you use a cargo van for??

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
concur with fastman. I have a chev 3500 and had no problem with warranty work from the dealer. Large FedEx signs were a givaway as to the commercial use of the van. However, I've read documents at the chev dealer indicating purchased and dealer installed replacement GM parts, such as pumps, have lifetime replacement warranty for normal use but not for commercial use vehicles.

Terry

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure finished wall panels and e-track,bulkhead. saved me alot of time all I had to do was build the bunk.

tazman

Expert Expediter
Hi,

I sell these units and it doesn't matter if you are a plumber or and electrician or an expeditor....the warranty on a new unit is the same for everybody....

As someone else mentioned...upfitted means that you are adding to the truck...for your business...GM appreciates that so much that they give you $900 if you spend the same amount on the upfit...in other words it's free !!!!!!!!!!!
Be sure your dealer knows that.It's called GM Business Choice...

There are great rebates on these trucks righ now so it's a good time to buy....

You also need to know that you can buy an extended warranty for the powertrain and other items...for up to 1 year from date of purchase
However it's generally discounted by the dealer better at tim of purchase...(which is why they seel them that way).....

Lastly ( since I sell em ) you can get a quote from me....
Just E-mail me your specs......

Thanks,

Frank in Pa.
"The Beast in the East":)

tazman

Expert Expediter
Hi again,

I re-read your post and saw you are looking into leasing this unit...
That kind of changes the picture a little....

Are you looking at a TRAC lease or a standard lease ????
Depending on you mileage a fixed lwase could kill you on mileage charges alone...and the warranty could be used up before the lease was completed.....

Give me some additional info and I try to help ....

Thanks,

Frank in PA.

"The Beast in the East"

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I am not completely educated on van purchases, but it would seem better to buy than lease. As mentioned, you will get killed on the milage. I quess they don't call them a fleece for nothing.:+