Van Bashing

sybild

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has anyone noticed a correlation between negative posts about vans and and low freight volumes. Seems to me when freight is slow van bashing increases.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
What you perceive as van bashing in recent posts is really mostly good natured. You'll also see that when freight seems to be a little slow, that the vans usually accuse the straight trucks of taking all of the van freight. It goes on and on. I wouldn't take it too personally. Everyone pokes fun at each other around here now and then.

By the way, welcome to EO.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

bamamule

Seasoned Expediter
lol vans just as much a part of us as the rest of trucks cars and probly a motercycle or to in expiditing lol:+ :+ :+ :+

sybild

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry jaminjim. I did not mean to step on any toes. Was wondering if van bashing increases as freight levels decrease. That Mister Moot made a crude comment directed at you in your thread that was not called for. Very childish. But I do love his blog.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You'll also see that when freight
>seems to be a little slow, that the vans usually accuse the
>straight trucks of taking all of the van freight.
>
>By the way, welcome to EO.
>
>
>Drive Safe!
>
>Jeff
>
>Driver for 15 years
>O/O for 13 years
>OOIDA #829119
>
>[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest
>of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

So THAT's what they're talking about, when we're not around! I never thought that the sound of engines rumbling could really be grumbling...
:+ :+

slfisher45

Expert Expediter
I bashed a van once, but I was driving it. No other vehicles just me and clear(formerly black) ice.
As far as freight for vans go, drivers don't make that determination as we all know.
If straight truck drivers turn down a load perceived as a van load who is next in line for it????????

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Well, I had my old van bashed a couple of times. One time it was sitting at Pep Boys getting fixed while I was out of town. I got back only to find out that they had placed an old car nearby that had a bad transmission. Well, you can just guess what happened. Took out the side of mine and another as well.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
The correlation I see is that vans seem to get more sensitive when freight is perceived to go down. I think it is understandably so. A van rides the tightest line to stay in business. And vans probably have to deal with a greater fluctuation in the market cycles (only guess on this point). Look at the companies that put a hold on bringing new vans on line. Don't see too many companies saying they have too many straight trucks. Same thing with teams. So a solo van especially is working in a volatile environment on top of a tight business model, so stress can prevail.

eb

whitey1

Seasoned Expediter
Vannerosos!
Come and visit my ST, as modest as it is I can offer you a warm meal and a cool drink(and local TV and a modest library).
Whenever I start wondering about what I am doing (expediting), I sometimes wonder how much worse it could be if I was in a van...
Fire up the grill and fry my predjuidiced thoughts at will!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
> That Mister Moot made a crude comment directed at
>you in your thread that was not called for. Very childish.
>But I do love his blog.

I don't recall ever writing a blog. I don't remember what I had for breakfast. Maybe you are confusing me with another blogster. Since you love my blog, may I assume you have read my book? If you have, then you know that expediting is a serious business. There are goals to meet, statistics to study, newbies to out perform, blogs to write, wheels to turn.

We also have to deal with shippers that ship, receivers that receive, we have fish to fry and hens to lay. So much to do that we rarely ever take time to have some fun. My reply to jaminjim was was a little bit of fun I allow myself every 5 or 6 weeks. It helps me relax, unwind and escape from the mad world of expediting. It's kinda like masturbation, without the fear of going blind.

Jim and I share the same ethnic background. That vulgarism you accused me of calling him is really a greeting in our native language. Asswhipe, is phonetically pronounced aus wee paay. Roughly translated it means; comrade or brother. Had Jim taken offense I sure he would let me know.

So you see Nancy, humor is something all successful expediters partake in on occasion. You should try it and I guarantee you won't go blind. Unless of course you bust out in a fit of laughter with a mouthful of boiling coffee and it come out your nose and eyes frying your retinas.

Come January 1, when E.O. limits us to 1 post/37 words per day I will have more time for my blog. I may even finish my second book. "Los Expeditos Magnifico Quarto" It is about a whacky Mexican husband, wife, wife's sister and husband team and their zany adventures north of the border. Another book in the works is "Its Crowded In Here" A story about an expediter with multiple personalities and never enough room in the sleeper.

Have a nice weekend. I'm on my way to Wedding,WI for a La Crosse ceremony. Bye, bye.

I just thought of a new book title. "I %*$#ing Kill To Shoot" About a serial killer/expediter who travels the country delivering freight, killing people all while dealing with dyslexia and Tourettes Syndrome.

I'm outa here! TTFN

Packmule

Expert Expediter
whitey1,
You are so right, Epediting in a Van is Tough!! You really have to be TUFF or Crazy to even consider doing such a thing!

Moot,
Can I be in your book? Something about a Crazy Van Expediter loosing it and playing chicken with ST's and TT's. All while wearing a Santa suit and delivering presents to automotive plants.

Ya'll have a nice day,
Danny

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Heck, I'd dress up as a stork & deliver babies (but not to UAW plants, they have too many already) to be in Moot's book!:p

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What an honor it is to have something in common with my hero and personal role model Moot. I've also written a book. It's a "how to" book about sex called "Ow, You're On My Hair".

LOS SCRUBBERS CONS!!!!
BAN THE VAN!!!!