Used tires can save money

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
For a tire gauge, I have a couple of these from when I worked at Sears and Firestone. They were worth every penny of free!

40395.jpg

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Although Firestone makes an excellent tire, the "HT", or known as highway tread, is not that great of a tire in the deep water or snow. The better choice of the Transforce tire family would be the "AT" transforce, known as the "all terrain" tire. More agressive, deeper tread with wider separation between the blocks which does, make more noise, but I'd rather have noise and performance than quietness and lack of peace of mind. The picture is my Transforce AT with over 20k miles on them. An excellent, strong tire. Akso, the way to check how old a tire is, when it was made, is to look at the 4 numbers inside the oval along the bead of the tire. These numbers shown indicate that my tire was made on the 46th week of 2015. (4615).

O wow, no Chit?? I never knew that info concerning the number, AWESOME, TYVM!

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Apparently they don't stop for inspections!
Well, you need brakes to stop.

It's bad when there's a stack of used brake pads lying around that aren't meant to be thrown away yet.

Edit: There's one in my yard right now. Tire date codes go back to 2004. I am scared for my fellow motorists.

The owner has already been given a lecture. He's lookin' for less used used tires.