US Navy says most 7th Fleet warships lacked proper certification

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's what you get when you have dumber than dirt leftist morons in charge, especially when their ultimate goal is the destruction of the nation from within.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
No this is what happens when you let everyone win first place and none are last.everyone gets a gold star today!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Do you blame everything that is bad on the left?
Well, in the case of military readiness and training, it's The Left where the blame directly lies. The Budget Control Act of 2011, sometimes simply referred to as Sequestration, because it set in motion one-size-fits-all across the board spending cuts (sequestration), and also singled out specific deeper cuts. It mandates that unless Congress can cut $1.2 trillion is spending cuts, then they would raise the debt ceiling by the same $1.2 trillion, but would also trigger $1.2 billion is sequestration spending cuts.The Budget Control Act of 2011 was pushed through Congress by Democrats, led by Obama, and then signed into law by the same Obama, to great fanfare. Yay.

The biggest cuts went to the Department of Defense, with the nature of the budget cuts explicitly and necessarily having the most significant impact on Operations and Maintenance (O&M) accounts (because the government knows, like every expediter knows, that when you're short on cash the first thing you scrimp on is maintenance, so a failed alternator can put you out of business). The O&M cuts hit directly, and deepest, in the areas of training and readiness of combat units during their "at home" cycle between overseas deployments.

This is how you get a military with fully 70% of it's aircraft unable to fly (which, in my personal opinion, is outrageous and embarrassing as an American), because of a lack of trained maintenance personnel and no money for replacement parts even if they had the maintenance personnel to fix them. It's how, when Harvey hit Texas, NAS Kingsville were able to fly 28 of it's T-45 jets to safety, but the remaining 71 jets couldn't take off and had to be left behind. At first blush someone might go, "Well, those are just training jets, they don't matter," but it goes directly to the heart of the areas of training and readiness of combat units during their home cycle between deployments. It's hard to train jet pilots to fly jets when you have no jets for them to fly.

Not-training jets include the 81 out of the 276 FA-18 Hornet strike fighters in the US Marines that are able to fly. Likewise, only 42 of 147 heavy-lift CH-53E Super Stallion helicopters are able to fly. Am I the only one who thinks this is outrageous, and unacceptable?

And it's how you get entire Navy ships deployed at sea full of sailors who haven't been trained in how to do their jobs while deployed at sea. On-the-job-training works when training someone the complicated and difficult task of assembling a Big Mac at McDonald's, but it comes up short when training a team of sailors in how to prevent the boat from being sunk at sea.

Reactions: FlyingVan

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I blame everything on dumber than dirt morons, the majority being on the left but not the entirety by any means. I don't know Ms. Colter but would not object to meeting her and getting a burger.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I blame everything on dumber than dirt morons, .....
And that right there is the problem. Blaming the opposition while saying "my side can do no wrong".

Where exactly did I say my side can do no wrong? And why did you omit half of what I said when it clearly places blame on both sides? Are you taking correspondence courses from CNN now?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If anyone is looking for dumber than dirt liberal morons, one has to look no further than the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. SCOTUS already slapped them upside the head with a 9-0 ruling. WTH are they thinking?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I blame everything on dumber than dirt morons, .....
And that right there is the problem. Blaming the opposition while saying "my side can do no wrong".
Read carefully the words you quoted. No side mentioned.

You are correct o-shelled one..... my apologies to LDB ..

However, my statement stands...... too many people have the attitude of my side is always right and the opposition is always wrong.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
too many people have the attitude of my side is always right and the opposition is always wrong.
It's kinda like... everyone who drives slower than you are idiots, and everyone who drives faster then you are maniacs. Nobody wants to admit the other side is right, even when the other side does the very thing you think they should. Look at the hypocrisy, on both sides, when their president does the exact same thing the other president did. Take, oh, I dunno, playing golf, for example. :D

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
anyways its got to be embarrassing for the top brass..the old school type...they claimed the excuse they were too busy the Korea issue to set up training...they were active...then why not bring a ship over from the Atlantic fleet to help out?....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
anyways its got to be embarrassing for the top brass..the old school type...they claimed the excuse they were too busy the Korea issue to set up training...
Just for clarity on the issue, the top brass, they testify regularly with the Arms Services Committee and a couple of other congressional groups, and they have been warning Congress that sequestration would cause precisely the problems we now see. Lately their testimony has been mostly the citing of the dismal numbers and a lot of "I told you so."

Being from so close to Ft Campbell, and knowing a few of the soldiers there, one particularly frustrated Apache helicopter mechanic, I'm keenly aware of some of the details of the problems they have there. Here's an article that outlines some of the problems, many of which should, but mysteriously doesn't, spark outrage from Americans. But it's not just Ft Campbell, it's like this all over the military across all of the Armed Forces.
US military budget cuts stretching 'Screaming Eagles' to the limit

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't trust the Pentagon....they are padding the budget so they can get all the new toys they want..or say they need....they do waste it seems to me IMO ...like screaming jets across the sky in a show of force to stick our tongue out at N.K....they already know our strength....waste of fuel and hrs on equipment....

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
When your down to one Naval Bootcamp and your graduating maybe 300 about every 2 months, it's not very many . It takes about 5000+ to run one Carrier---think about it. it's not simple

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
When your down to one Naval Bootcamp and your graduating maybe 300 about every 2 months, it's not very many . It takes about 5000+ to run one Carrier---think about it. it's not simple

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Then I guess mothballing a ship or 2 is in order till they have the proper staff....these ships are heavily armed...we are lucky we haven't blown them up completely and taken other victims...

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I think one of biggest problem is leader ship of each command is not doing there job, they are depending to much on technology, and not looking at basic . training there people, on old way of doing thing's . chief mess is not doing there job of training there people. we never had that problem on any of ship I on, or when I became chief, taught my people how to It right, and work me out of a job. comes down to training your people, also a lot of kids to day stay up late playing computer games and not getting the rest they need. 21 year's 27 day's and 3 min's to get out the gate.