update on the horrible situation/company I am with.

rucan

Seasoned Expediter
first the good news (very little) I gave them my notice over a week ago that I will be leaving them. Also found better companies to take me and my straight truck on and decided I will go with tone of them as it is all around better pay and set up.

the bad news. The recruiter said I have to stay a month because that is policy. I am not sure of my contract with them but I thought it was only 10 days notice.

Also to make matters worst sometimes I am at home because they are slow so I am stuck making no money.
worst they send me long distances and I am averaging almost 50% deadhead on every trip because there is nothing coming back.

like I posted on a previous post there is alot of fighting when we get paid because the pay is wrong and they never tell us what we get paid in advance.

Just got my check today and there is so much holdback taken off and they got me paying tolls from video from other trucks with different license plate then mine that they took off my check. have to fight to get that money back. they make us pay all tolls including cross border tolls and transponder fees at the border.

everyone of my checks has been wrong and again some of the trips are under by over a $100.

I also have proof they are cheating me. On one of my trips when I got to the destination the owner was waiting for the load and he showed me the paper work and how much he paid which for that paricular load was $337.05. I was supposed to get 63% of that but on the work done sheet they gave me they have that one written at $240.55 and I will get 63% of that so I know I will be ripped off on that. I know I have been getting ripped off on just about all my longhaul trips but couldnt prove it. the only ones they can't cheat us on is local because those are fixed price.

I also worry as I have been told by one of the companies that wants to put me on with them that the company I am with may pull a fast one and dock me all kinds of money on my last check making fees up for this and that that I have to pay before I leave.

One thing that scares me is that when I told the recruiter that I am leaving he said that I need to come in on a Saturday and finish up some paper work with him. I asked him why would I need to do that since I am leaving ..he said he needs it. I think it is away to get more money out of me. he is going to claim that he trained me or something even though I have been working there for months.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Why do you not know what your contract says?
Look up your contract and make sure you know what you're in for when you leave. Make sure you meet all their stated rules about what you have to do (ie return your stuff, get it signed off).
Do you have a QC? Make sure you return it, have it inspected in your presence and get a receipt that it was received in good condition.
Don't do any more trips for them, as they will find a way for you to owe all the money to them. Take this time to peel off your decals and get into another company's orientation.
As far as I understand, the company you are with doesn't have any shippers of its own, it gets all its loads brokered. What the consignee said he paid for that shipment you noted above may not be what your carrier received. Unfortunately you're not in a position to prove anything. Just cut your losses and run.
PS Tell the recruiter you'll meet with him just before his next orientation of new recruits, and not on a Saturday in private.

rucan

Seasoned Expediter
Why do you not know what your contract says?

Do you have a QC? Make sure you return it, have it inspected in your presence and get a receipt that it was received in good condition.
Don't do any more trips for them, as they will find a way for you to owe all the money to them.

I don't have anything that is theirs..I think If I don't do any trips for them before my notice time is up is what I am afraid they will ding me with. I am going to ask for a copy of my contract as it was never given to me. I would like to leave right now but don't want to screw myself any further. I don't want to put myself in a position where I have done more work and they owe me more money but need to see my contract before I can say bye. I don't trust these people at all very very shady.

As far as the money going via second party.. not in this case. I saw the paper work and the quote from one of our dispatchers with his name on it.

BTW pjjjjj as you had warned me before about this company..I have recently been running into alot of folks who use to work for this company or just know the owner and the operation personally and all have told me to get out A.S.A.P!

this explains why half of their drivers have left in the last couple of years. And when I talk to some of the drivers still their, the ones who are still there either have some sort of vested interest, or to be honest sound like they are far from the sharpest tools in the shed.

What a learning experience this has been for me.
I wish there was a do not drive for list. I think it would be highly helpful for unsuspecting victims.

Last edited:

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
....I am going to ask for a copy of my contract as it was never given to me.

I believe that all parties must be given a copy of a contract for it to be binding.

rucan said:
What a learning experience this has been for me.
I wish there was a do not drive for list. I think it would be highly helpful for unsuspecting victims.

I don't think there can be a list like that becuz different strokes for different folks. One man's oasis is another man's h*ll.

Anyway, good luck with your new carrier. Let us know how it all turns out!

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
You could Also Request a Copy of the Contract from your New Company and Have your Lawyer go Over it "Before" You Sign It!! Any Company who is on the Up and Up Will Do This!! I Have Never Heard of a Company That Doesn't give the Owner a Copy of the Contract Once it's Signed, But apparently You Found One!Good Luck in Both of Your Moves....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure sounds like you are on with Dynamex...all you describe is exactly how they operate....

from not being told to how much the load is to loads being re rated after you run them and all that contractual crap that they don't even adhere to...

Dynanex now has a class action suit filed from O/O's with the support of an Ex Manager that escaped with data from thier computers showing the wrong doing.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I don't know much about Canadian laws, but I assume they are like the laws here. The contract is disclosed and you retain a copy for your protection under DOT regulations. The contract can be altered if only they retained a copy to make it look like what every they wanted it to.

I would ask for your copy and if they refuse or drag their a**, tell them you are terminating it immediately.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I don't know much about Canadian laws, but I assume they are like the laws here. The contract is disclosed and you retain a copy for your protection under DOT regulations. The contract can be altered if only they retained a copy to make it look like what every they wanted it to.

I would ask for your copy and if they refuse or drag their a**, tell them you are terminating it immediately.

The Canadian contract with Dynamex was so full of Opt outs on the company side, it was pathetic...and the line
"company reserves the right " was very noticable

rucan

Seasoned Expediter
I had a conversation with the owner this morning about the mess with my pay check the only thing he agreed to pay me back was the tolls on the etr 407 that were with another trucks license plate and not mine and the money I was owed for manually unloading my truck by hand. the receiver said they would pay me $100 for that but my company took a cut of that for themselves.

all the under payments for my other trips he said that is just the way it is and they take "administration fees" out of the load pay before they give me my % of the remainder. Talk about alot of crap and lies.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I'm with PJ on this don't run anything else for them. How much of your money is tied up that your afraid you won't get? Anything under say $1000, I might just chalk it up to an expensive learning experience. If they want you to continue nothing says you have to actually take a run, just let the time run out and get outta there:eek:

rucan

Seasoned Expediter
Sure sounds like you are on with Dynamex...all you describe is exactly how they operate....

from not being told to how much the load is to loads being re rated after you run them and all that contractual crap that they don't even adhere to...

Dynanex now has a class action suit filed from O/O's with the support of an Ex Manager that escaped with data from thier computers showing the wrong doing.

funny you say that but no I am not with them but had their recruiter call me twice in the last couple of days...I wasn't impressed at all

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
I'd chime in to that you definately don't want to be taking another run for these people. Your next company will probably have a period of a week or so that it'll take you to sign on with. Orientation, drug test, checking your application & so on.

So use that time that ya have to be with your old company to complete the signing on process w/ your new one. There's absolutely no sense in taking any more runs w/ this one & delaying the time it takes until you can run w/ your next one. Especially when they're only going to pay you a fraction of what they've said you'll make.

Good luck to ya

ps: I like the idea of meeting with the recruiter right before the next set of recruits come in vs meeting him in private on a Sunday. Pretty clever

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
required by dot you should have a copy of contract in truck at all time

call ooida and if your not a memeber they should be able to help you out