Update on my Mom

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Im ot sure if I revealed my Mom was dealing with Lung Cancer and one of the reasons Ive not been around here much. After getting the bad news that she wouldnt make three months, she has made 6 Months, she seems to be doing OK and holding steady albeit her breathing is being affected and slowly getting worse, shes been dealing with it like the tough gal she is....Im glad were making it to the Holidays because A few months back I wasnt sure if we would, Ive dedicated my life and time to making her life easy, better and what ever I can do for her....I thank God and Prayer for this length of time thats passed its let us talk and love and grow together....

Im wishing all you guys a Great Holday, Merry Christmas and I hope to soon be back on the road we love....Ive been looking at trucks, and making plans, But Mom is going to come first, May the Holidays be special for all of my Expediter freinds, and Ill see you on 6 wheels soon.

God Bless and Be Safe.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thanks for the update, Don. I wish your mom all the best. Cherish the time she has left.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The final warning is a double edged sword - but you already knew the bad [everyone who lives will die], and the not so bad is a precious opportunity to not waste the time remaining. It's good that you can be with her now, for both of you. Peace.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Grandpa fell doing chin ups if you can imagine, (89). Broke hip and of course that opened up a whole can of issues, degenerative heart disease, etc. Had to take a year off to care for him and it was the best, most gratifying time of my life. In the end it was not I that did him a favor but the other way around. Before he passed I loaded up the med's, oxygen concentrator, 12 Oxy bottles and hauled him down to Palm Beach. We had a blast. Relish the time spent with your mom, you will never regret a minute.

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
It is a true gift to be able to be there. Sharing laughter and love with my Mom when our situation was like yours was something I will never forget. Will keep you in our prayers.