uaw and ford

termite289

Expert Expediter
as the new owners of gm, dosen't the uaw have a conflict of interest when negotiating the profits of ford for the union contracts?? like trade secrets and stuff of that sort.

i think perhaps it is time ford told the uaw to hit the bricks. as they are now competitors. any thoughts

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
as the new owners of gm, dosen't the uaw have a conflict of interest when negotiating the profits of ford for the union contracts?? like trade secrets and stuff of that sort.

i think perhaps it is time ford told the uaw to hit the bricks. as they are now competitors. any thoughts

If the UAW are privy to such inside information...I'd have to say Yes..it would not be in Fords or any other makers best interests to have the UAW negotiating.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Termite,
It doesn't work that way. I wish it did but the UAW doesn't have full access to some of the management secrets per court order and as now, and in the past as now, each car company shares info behind the scenes at different levels of the business.

The CEOs already know most of their competitor's product secrets but don't really react to them unless there is a compelling reason to do so.