Two If By Tea in Joplin

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Rush Limbaugh has started marketing a new iced tea. He held a contest to give away a Reefer full of his new tea to a deserving community on the 4th. Well, Joplin won!!!

I have a delivery in Wentzville Tuesday morning. I picked up in Laredo Friday and have been at home in Arlington, TX this weekend. I plan to attend the Joplin celebrations tomorrow. I'm so happy they won!!!

Rush, being a native Missourian, has made a great choice.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It would be a given that he would give it to some town in his home state but I guess snapple wasn't good enough for him any more.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yea there is no reason Joplin would win, other then its in rushs home state....:rolleyes:

For anyo9ne that spent an hour in Joplin after the tornado tore te town apart, seeing the destruction and how the people have pulled together has a community to help each other, certainly would make the city a candiate for anytype of award that would enefit people ....

Congrats Joplin.....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I'm sorry, I thought the other part of the post was there. I edited it to correct a spelling issue and it's gone. I have to watch some of this editing because this OS on this computer sometimes does things it shouldn't - like paste things in posts when I scroll down too fast.

SO here it is.

I think it is a great thing, I wish other's would do something along the same lines. The tea is good, I had some last night and I know those who get it there will enjoy it.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since Joplin is where we live, we are very biased. They deserve all the good things that can come to them. From what I understand from the people that were there, Rush gave a very patriotic speech that was not slanted liberal or conservative. Just American. On the 4th of July this was the only fitting thing to do.

So much of our country seems to have forgotten "America" as a whole. We watched the Boston Pops like we do every year. Each year they get less patriotic and more watered down. The music has changed along with the commentary.

The reason we moved to Joplin is the people. We travelled coast to coast trying to find the perfect place to settle down and we chose Joplin. They still believe as we do that we are one country. I believe many have written this country off. They think that we will never be great again. The folks in Joplin would disagree. They are and continue to be great. They have a "lead, follow or get out of the way" mentality. I am very proud of them.

I am also proud of Rush. Nothin like a cold glass of ice tea when you are rebuilding your home.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
The weekend that i spent in Joplin working with the cleanup effort, i seen 1st hnd how the peopple there stepped up for the neighbors....I like most want to think that we all would do the same thing for our neighbors...but would we...Seeing how this community came together made me wonder...I do a pretty good job for charities with ne of my other businesses and persnally...but I can tell you that there are people I wouldn't walk across the street to help....I didn't see that in Joplin, those I interacted with helped anyone and everyone willingly and openly, no matter who they were...

Yes, they deserve anygood thing that comes their way..it will be a long time before any type of normalacy comes back to that city...but looking at cities like Xenia Ohio shows that it can happen, and seeing and working with some of the people of Joplin, I have no doubt they will recover...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The Tea is good, not the best i have had but good enough to order a few cases.

I am wondering how many actually (outside of Dennis and a few others) gave to help with the relief effort. AS I was trashed the last time I said this, there is nothing wrong with any one of us stepping up and giving blood/money/what ever to the red cross to help out with their efforts in any and all disasters that happen HERE.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a good friend that works for the Red Cross. She has helped with the tornados in Alabama, Katrina, and several other disasters. I was never that impressed with the Red Cross until I met Patty. She will sleep on a cot in a crowded sports stadium or shelter for weeks on end it that what it takes to help. I am very impressed with the dedication of the Red Cross folks. We donate through a church in Joplin. I hope each one who wants to help finds a way that works for them.