Turtle and his merry brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Expert Expediter
But this thread is offering some very valuable information for those with questions .... all but him, it seems.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
Blending with Yoopers? Been there, done that, and the 2 species can breed. 2 sons to show for it.[/QUOTE]

I see, but can those 2 sons reproduce?

I always assumed when the two species interbred the outcome would be similiar to that of the mule - female males have been known, on rare occasion, to foal, while male mules have never been known to be responsible for creating yet another generation.

By allowing your sperm count to cross the bridge (in a manner of speaking) I hope you haven't produced sterile offspring!

Monty

Expert Expediter
Here might be some interesting reading for some, for other's, not so much.

There is one important difference in the way these companies operate. CH Robinson (CHRW) generates its sales almost entirely from brokers who are salaried employees of the company. By contrast, Landstar (LSTR) and Autoinfo generate their sales almost entirely from brokers that are independent, commission-based agents. These independent agents are in essence third-party contractors who use the parent company's brand name (e.g. Landstar or Sunteck), back office and IT systems, and shipping networks. In return, the parent companies keep a cut of the business the agents generate.

Autoinfo: A Growing Truck Freight Broker Not Priced Like One - Seeking Alpha

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Blending with Yoopers? Been there, done that, and the 2 species can breed. 2 sons to show for it.

I see, but can those 2 sons reproduce?

I always assumed when the two species interbred the outcome would be similiar to that of the mule - female males have been known, on rare occasion, to foal, while male mules have never been known to be responsible for creating yet another generation.

By allowing your sperm count to cross the bridge (in a manner of speaking) I hope you haven't produced sterile offspring![/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Well, I'm not a grandfather yet. I may need to consult a geneticist that specializes in Yooper/Troll hybrids.

They are quite tall...

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
but I should warn you that it will not go well for you if you should choose to take that approach to winning friends and influencing people.[/QUOTE]

Gee influencing people tends to lighten my pockets a lot. And as for friends .... Turtle , your the best friend and co moderator us users could ask for
Joe

Sent from my LG-VS700 using EO Forums mobile app

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
You seem to think that brokers can only use the drivers which they, the broker, hired on. Fact is, brokers can broker out a load to any driver or any carrier they like. For example, and I'll use "carrier" to mean "broker", Panther, a carrier who also brokers loads, books loads which they cover with their own trucks, but they also broker out a lot of loads to other drivers and carriers, including drivers who are partner carriers and are not lease on to any carrier at all. Panther did not "put" any of those partner carriers on, those drivers were already out there in the wild, part of the capacity that exceeds demand. Brokers, including Panther and many other carriers, post the loads they need to get covered into big boards where anyone can bid on them.

As far as my merry brigade, to a person they all have othe same opinion...
I AM NOT A MERRY MAN

Then what was up with the dancing in the elf outfit around christmas Turtle? Or was that Dave?

Jes a gigglin my butt off

Joe

Sent from my LG-VS700 using EO Forums mobile app

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
It's not a matter of whether I like it or not, it's a matter of whether it violates the Code of Conduct, which you agreed to when you signed on here. If you would like to continue your multi-post rant, and to call people names, that's fine by me, but I should warn you that it will not go well for you if you should choose to take that approach to winning friends and influencing people.

A turtle by any other name.......Is still a TURTLE!!

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.