Turtle and his merry brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything Apax

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just found out that if you post something turtle doesnt like he will end your thread. No wonder people act like they like you! lol

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I just found out that if you post something turtle doesnt like he will end your thread. No wonder people act like they like you! lol
It's not a matter of whether I like it or not, it's a matter of whether it violates the Code of Conduct, which you agreed to when you signed on here. If you would like to continue your multi-post rant, and to call people names, that's fine by me, but I should warn you that it will not go well for you if you should choose to take that approach to winning friends and influencing people.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Turtle was correct in closing the thread, Apax you pretty much stated your views in the first post. Why beat a dead horse? Most did not agree with you and it was begining to irriate you.

It's that demoocracy thingy ... you were out voted in you opinions.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Mr. T, never closes my thread because I carry the Anti-Turtle Closing Thread Policy. For only 3 easy payments of 49.95 , you to can get that policy, its true, cause you heard it here.:cool: go to this site, ABC..nevergetyourthreadsshreddedagain.calm

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Really!? I have posted things that he didn't like and have debated with him over it with no problem. I wonder if it has anything to do with name calling?

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I found it funny that in the OP he acts like he knows what's going on, stating in a very definitive manner, "a strike is necessary." Then, by the end of the thread, he's saying he doesn't know much and needs to be educated.

You know, just maybe if he'd started with asking questions and behaving in a more grown up manner, maybe things would have gone differently.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
I found it funny that in the OP he acts like he knows what's going on, stating in a very definitive manner, "a strike is necessary." Then, by the end of the thread, he's saying he doesn't know much and needs to be educated.

You know, just maybe if he'd started with asking questions and behaving in a more grown up manner, maybe things would have gone differently.

What I find funny is that so few EO members failed to identify apex as a troll (unless they're sitting back chuckling like I am). His (or her) style of writing should have alerted everyone almost immediately that the 'writer' came forth only to prod and provoke.

No reflection on you, highway star. Sniffing out trolls quickly takes a special talent, enhanced by living in the Upper Peninsula. Up there it's an ability to identify those crossing the bridge from the Lower Peninsula and trying to blend in with us Yoopers. Here it's useful in detecting someone educated and very familiar with the expedite industry trying to sound semi-literate.

He (or she) obviously knows a great deal about the expedite business. Hmmm...now who could that be??

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Really!? I have posted things that he didn't like and have debated with him over it with no problem. I wonder if it has anything to do with name calling?

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums
I've argued with you, him and too many to name! :p It appears I missed the worst of the thread though!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
No...sometimes we give just enough rope until they hang themselves.;)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I find funny is that so few EO members failed to identify apex as a troll (unless they're sitting back chuckling like I am). His (or her) style of writing should have alerted everyone almost immediately that the 'writer' came forth only to prod and provoke.

No reflection on you, highway star. Sniffing out trolls quickly takes a special talent, enhanced by living in the Upper Peninsula. Up there it's an ability to identify those crossing the bridge from the Lower Peninsula and trying to blend in with us Yoopers. Here it's useful in detecting someone educated and very familiar with the expedite industry trying to sound semi-literate.

He (or she) obviously knows a great deal about the expedite business. Hmmm...now who could that be??

You give Apex far more credit than deserved.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
You give Apex far more credit than deserved.

Really, ziggy?? I only give him (or her) credit where credit is due: The ability to raise the hackles of so many by writing a few inflammatory posts.

If you don't believe me, just keep responding - the thread will go on forever; and every day there will be an additional twist.

Besides, doesn't it bring additional revenue to the site? More drivers and owners crowding around the site yammering at apex increases the chances of banners being 'hit'. Just a thought...

Everything Apax

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll take my chances. Anyone ever wants to know me can meet me face to face and I can bet once you talk to me you'd have completly different ooinion of me. I'm a nice guy but I do not like people that want to constantly put down. I'm always going to be trying to help better someone, not break them down as you and some others like to do. I'm not only talking about my thread I've seen you guys do it on several. if that's the way you guys are on here then I chose the wrong site. I originally came to this site for advice. My first thread was asking about staying warm in winter. I then began another thread but got nothing but wise ceacks and no help. I thought tbis site was for help from fellow expediters. I understand it's for socializing also, but when there is serious topuc I would think the wise cracks could be put aside until things were discussed.

Everything Apax

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would guess so. Also fact that I'm not in the click! lol I was called a commie! oh wah should've given that person infraction of 1 point! lmao

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought it was discussed?....People have told you what they thought....is that not good enough for you?.....and some even told you why they thought that...yes some had snarky remarks like some always do...but some had good input....weed thru the crap....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would guess so. Also fact that I'm not in the click! lol I was called a commie! oh wah should've given that person infraction of 1 point! lmao

Talking to yourself now....?....lol....

There is no click....just a bunch of expeditors that think mostly the same way....remember "crap" sticks to its self....no matter good "crap" or bad "crap"....

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If someone disagrees, that doesn't translate into a personal attack.
Stealing Jamin's quote, "Stop trying so hard to be offended".

Everything Apax

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I began the way I did because I believed that but as I read some of the info I allowed myself to learn more and asked in return what do you suggest be done. I say I don't know for sake of argument to see if you guys would change from wise cracking to offering opinions on how to help make a change. I know for a fact that agents keep the bigger share of money paid by customer. I also know that the companies that these agents and brokers work for have hired and/or contracted more drivers than is necessary which has brought rates down. I also believw that a well organized strike would help our industry. Do i believe that'll ever happen? No. I know there is money to be made in expediting or I wouldn't be doing it, so for any of you that had the misconception I was sayinv you cannot make money were mistaken. If anyone is in Catersville, GA this weekend I'll be at the TA if you'd like to discuss this or just chat in general. I'd likw to meet all of you because most people are different in person than what they seem via message boards.

Everything Apax

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
X-man, You, paul and turtle are the ones I'd most like to meet. You personally have had nothing of significance to say, which makes you the worst of the lot. I'm sure you have a keen sense of awareness, x-man, and I'm sure it helps you out when looking for a gay bar or gay individual to bed down with. Am I to believe your education reaches further than a GED!? Thank you and have a great day, x-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.