Tulsa Oklahoma

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Your chances are in inverse proportion to having the same first and last name as me.

IOW, you ain't me .... so ya should probably be ok ....

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
ha I got a 763 miler with 28 miles dh and it even paid good. Sometimes life is good. Oh yeah, I was only half an hour from an empty move.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
ha I got a 763 miler with 28 miles dh and it even paid good. Sometimes life is good. Oh yeah, I was only half an hour from an empty move.

Hey...Great!! I WAS half joking, there is some van frieght but being Johnny on the Spot helps....

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I've never had much trouble with that area. Not the best spot to be, but not bad. I'm sitting in CT right now and I'm not worried in the least. There aren't as many vehicles up here and I figure I'll find a shipper or broker desperate enough to move something that I'll get paid quite well to do it. That's usually what happens when I'm up here. I normally get moving pretty quick.

sdelliott31

Expert Expediter
For awhile we were getting loads out of Catoosa, Ok, which is about 35 miles away from Tulsa. I don't know if that has dried up or become straight truck loads but they were averaging 2 a day. Oklahoma City always seems to be full but get about 3 a day from what I recall. Hope this helps.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It amazes me how people say they can't get loaded out of the northeast. I've never sat more than a day anywhere up there. It's usually all I can do just to get the sleep I need before getting loaded back out again.

One time I delivered on a Thursday morning in Worcester and didn't get loaded back out until late Friday afternoon (for Monday deliver in Iowa). That's by far the longest I've sat up there.

sdelliott31

Expert Expediter
I agree Turtle. Most of the time it seems like you are the only van in NH, Mass, or VT. Granted it is expensive because of all the tolls, but if you give it a day, you usually can get a run down the cost or a decent one anyways.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I'm still in CT after delivering yesterday and this is the longest I've ever been up here. Yesterday really doesn't count though since I spent most of it sleeping and wasn't really looking for loads. Today's been kind of slow. I've passed on some cheap junk that I would take if I was in a worse spot, but up here I'm always picky because I know something good paying is always right around the corner.