Trying Hours

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ah, got it. Yeah, it's the vehicle that gets leased, not the driver. If they own the vehicle, then the whole leasing thing won't apply. Sorry about that. I read it wrong.

Videodrome

Seasoned Expediter
Are they going to leave me stranded or something? I've sat for Weeks with PAM in their Texas repair shops. I think I made it almost 3 weeks in Dallas once. Is it something like that?

(thought I sent a PM to Poorboy but now I don't see it in the Sent Box. Are PMs restricted for newbie posters?)

Anyway I have a strong lead on a job with Hiner Transport doing more OTR if for some reason I'm convinced to bail on TryHours. Even though I'm sure just as many truckers would say run from them to. Though they don't seem any worse then PAM Transport. I could probably grab the Hiner job on Friday and setup orientation as soon as Monday.

Anyway what's a guy to do for work anymore it seems like everything is in steady decline.

Last edited:

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Anyway what's a guy to do for work anymore it seems like everything is in steady decline.

It's not like the writing wasn't on the wall. Reading here on the forums would give any person an excellent example of what this is and can be like. We roll like crazy awhile and then it seems we sit forever. Nature of this beast. Now, slow down time is coming. Got your nest egg built up?

Videodrome

Seasoned Expediter
Well what I ment more by decline was quality of employers. Some people make it sound like TryHours will screw me over or something.

Jasper_jpr

Seasoned Expediter
We have not had any real problems with them. They keep us moving in a straight truck quite well. The only time we set is when we run out west (west of Kansas City). But when we are out west we see other carriers setting also. We got Hung up in Laredo last week but all the big names were setting there with us. If you have concerns talk to Mark about them at orientation he will answer any questions you have.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
same old stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,get on with a company and then ask others if u made the right decision or get their opinons, sort of backwards isnt it?? :)

Videodrome

Seasoned Expediter
same old stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,get on with a company and then ask others if u made the right decision or get their opinons, sort of backwards isnt it?? :)

I wasn't even asking just saying I was signed up. Like when I became a trucker I joined the trucking boards.

Anyway my first post here was before I signed up for Hours but I didn't really get any replies other then telling me to search the forum. I didn't see that much good or bad in the Try Hours section.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Companys are jes like the driving dikheads that are out there, some are pretty good dikheads and some are not. You'd be better off, maybe giving it some try, then typing back about the results.

We need some interesting reading.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Companys are jes like the driving dikheads that are out there, some are pretty good dikheads and some are not. You'd be better off, maybe giving it some try, then typing back about the results.

We need some interesting reading.

You're concerned about interesting reading and you post that useless drivel?