Truly A Sad Day For Gas Powered Expediters

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Pilot's buyout of Flying J does nothing for those of us who drive/own gas powered trucks. The Pilot Driver's Points Card that is being passed out at Flying J's (Knoxville for example) requires that you purchase 50 gallons of DIESEL to get a shower credit.

I strongly suggest that EVERY gas powered truck owner immediately contact Pilot and voice their concern in regards to that current policy.

As far as I am concerned, if they do not include gasoline purchases in that program, I have spent my last hard earned dollar in a chain operated truck stop. I'll use their bathroom, park in their lot, empty my trash into their cans and wash my windows, but I will never buy fuel there again.

There is a list of independently owned truck stops and I have found them to be very understanding regarding the type and amount of fuel we can purchase with van type trucks. In Winchester, KY there is a Shell truck stop and the lady said, "just bring me your receipt for a fuel purchase (gas or diesel in any quantity) and I will give you a key to our shower". It seems that small businesses really care about every customer and Pilot only wants those who spend lots of money.

I hope all of the gas powered owners will email, fax and send letters to Pilot regarding this matter.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pilot's buyout of Flying J does nothing for those of us who drive/own gas powered trucks. The Pilot Driver's Points Card that is being passed out at Flying J's (Knoxville for example) requires that you purchase 50 gallons of DIESEL to get a shower credit.

I strongly suggest that EVERY gas powered truck owner immediately contact Pilot and voice their concern in regards to that current policy.

As far as I am concerned, if they do not include gasoline purchases in that program, I have spent my last hard earned dollar in a chain operated truck stop. I'll use their bathroom, park in their lot, empty my trash into their cans and wash my windows, but I will never buy fuel there again.

There is a list of independently owned truck stops and I have found them to be very understanding regarding the type and amount of fuel we can purchase with van type trucks. In Winchester, KY there is a Shell truck stop and the lady said, "just bring me your receipt for a fuel purchase (gas or diesel in any quantity) and I will give you a key to our shower". It seems that small businesses really care about every customer and Pilot only wants those who spend lots of money.

I hope all of the gas powered owners will email, fax and send letters to Pilot regarding this matter.

I think someone mentioned on here that J was changing into a pilot. Handing out Pilot cards with make sense if that is true.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Yes would make sense to hand out Pilot cards but if they are changing the shower policy for cargo vans from 15 gallons gas or diesel for 1/2 shower credit to having to buy 50 gallons then there will no longer be reason to fuel at the J/Pilot

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
from the web site as of now......

[FONT=&quot]Both Pilot Travel Centers and Flying J are grateful to our longtime loyal customers. As a new organization, we’re ready to continue to serve you through an expanded network of 550-plus travel centers and travel plazas across North America. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As we prepare to fuse our two companies seamlessly for our customers, loyalty programs for Pilot Travel Centers and Flying J will remain in effect as separate programs at this time. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the future we plan to merge these programs to offer our customers more choices and flexibility. Please check back on the Loyalty section of this website for future plans as they develop.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[/FONT]

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
An expediter called me from the Knoxville J and told me that the J Rewards Card would no longer work in the pumps and the shower card terminal had been removed. She was also told that it would still be a Flying J.

This website pretty much indicates the handwriting already on the wall.

Home - Information Center

I have no confidence in Pilot's willingness to consider the fairness to owners of gas powered trucks, regardless of the following statement posted on their site. Cutting us out of free showers does not seem to reflect their gratefulness to longtime loyal customers.

Both Pilot Travel Centers and Flying J are grateful to our longtime loyal customers. As a new organization, we’re ready to continue to serve you through an expanded network of 550-plus travel centers and travel plazas across North America.

As we prepare to fuse our two companies seamlessly for our customers, loyalty programs for Pilot Travel Centers and Flying J will remain in effect as separate programs at this time.

In the future we plan to merge these programs to offer our customers more choices and flexibility. Please check back on the Loyalty section of this website for future plans as they develop.

Again, I hope that folks will voice their comments directly to Pilot. FYI, they have also bought Road Ranger locations. With increased profits it would seem that they would level the playing field.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
The saga continues.

I just received this email from the owner parked at the Knoxville J.

Found out the auto pumps (for gas or diesel) does not apply points for showers no matter what. The Pilot points accumulated at the auto pumps will apply for merchandise only. So, there goes the free drinks and showers for us! (Well, tomorrow I might hear a different story....who knows!)

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We have already stopped using Flying J for anything other than a place to sleep. We do not use Pilot or Loves at all.
None of them offer us any discounts on fuel and they don't have service shops if needed.
I would rather spend my money at the T/A and Petro. They are coming out with a new drivers reward card that works at both of them.
Maybe Petro will start giving us the same discounts as T/A?

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter

Thank you. I've been trying to van drivers to understand this for some time. It works for the bigger vehicles as well, and fuel is usually way cheaper, especially if they AREN'T on the same exit as a truck stop chain.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I was told by a mgr. at the Beaverdam J that both flying J and pilot cards will work at both places for showers, etc. and that the systems are being sync'd up this week. Sounds like there is a whole lot of confusion on the subject...

moose

Veteran Expediter
That Knoxville J is undergoing a major construction tornado this week . I'd suggest avoiding it for now ,and that your friend will try his card in another location.
It's always good to know ,tho'w ,that Dennis finely took that shower ... :D