Truckstop showers

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
The only way to see if your immune system is up to par, is by checking your white blood cells. Here is a link that will explain more. White blood cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last year about this time my stepmother was admitted to Henry Ford Hospital for a upper respiratory infection and about 4 days later Passed away from a SEPSIS Infection. She was 58 years old. and in good health otherwise. The Ironic thing about it is That hospital is a leading researcher for that type of infection. That makes me ask the question are they a leading researcher because the Hospital has a problem with Sepsis? I think that is probably the case.
Another consideration is when she was admitted she was in weak physical condition and that is probably why she became infected. nobody who visited her became sick. But how does a person know when their immune system has become weakened enough to allow such a infection to take hold. She had what seemed like the common flu. There is noway to stop exposure to these super bugs but we can help to limit the excessive exposure one would receive in super breeding ground like a shower.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
I read your post and that includes the reference to my link. My comment after the link is to include the media that the "immune challenged" are not the only ones that suffer the consequences of these germs.

I did not say that you "made light" of Sharp's suffering, what I said was your use of the terms "fear and phobia" have no place in this thread and are an insult to Sharp and any one of us that are concerned with the very things that you made light of in your list.

Now, if you want to walk through your life and ignore those "silly" things that you listed, that's your choice.....just don't imply that the rest of us are fearful or paranoid if we choose the opposite.

"Uppity".....hmmm.....how do YOU stand up for YOUR friends?

My post was directed to the link that YOU posted and in NO WAY referred to the serious illness that the OP suffered. DO I NEED TO REPEAT THAT AGAIN??? And just how do you get from my post that I'm "implying" that ANYONE is fearful or paranoid?? ASSUMING a little too much aren't you? Reading things into my post that aren't there and becoming extremely defensive for unwarranted reasons.

To the OP.. I apologize if you feel my post was in any way making light of your situation. That was not my intent.

To Diva.. Chill out. I did not attack you in my post. I don't deserve the attack you have dished out.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
My post was directed to the link that YOU posted
That link/story didn't include these words/phrases.......

"over the top"
fear and phobia is not necessary
If you start letting the fear of germs consume you, your life is going to become completely irrational.
unreasonable fear
Those were YOUR words and were part of what I was saying was offensive.

Now if you must have the last word, feel free but I'm finished with this thread.

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Wow!! You women need to chill out. Lets analyze word for word what we are truely meaning. Why stop there, lets start guessing what each other is thinking before we even post something, that could start a very annoying thread.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
That link/story didn't include these words/phrases.......

Those were YOUR words and were part of what I was saying was offensive.

Now if you must have the last word, feel free but I'm finished with this thread.

You're right, they were MY words, but as I stated before.. they were relating to THAT article that you linked to. I didn't post them as "QUOTES" of that article. Plain and simple, you overreacted, assumed and attacked for no reason. When you start beating on someone, expect to be beaten back.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
Inkasnana...apology accepted...no hard feelings here!

Dieseldiva...Thanks for watching my back!...a true friend indeed!

NOW LET'S PARTY!!

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Another "germ" question to think about.. Have you ever wondered if the dollar bill in your wallet (or purse) was once tucked inside the g-string of a stripper? (Bet you're wondering about it now huh? :D )

All of mine passed the sniff test