Trucking and prostate

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I once read that truckers had a high incidence of prostate problems. Anyone out there ever been successfully treated for prostate cancer, and does anyone know what the latest treatment options are, and where one can find info on treatment options? Prostate cancer is one of the most curable they say.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The PSA (bloodtest) is not perfect or the only way to go. A lot of doctors want to do an exam, because the prostate can be inflamed but not show signs of cancer or have cancer and inflamed prostate can lead to other problems...

Also just an FYI, I think they are looking at the occupation and not the food intake, stress levels or waste disposal in these studies - all have a factor involved with the prostrate.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Hmmmmm, don't got no prostate - I don't think! heeheehee :D But I did have the cancer thing many years ago, Went to the Spencer Comprehensive Cancer Institue in Miami. Their pretty good. After a couple surgeys and some treatments here I am all these years later. Just cause they say the big C word doesn't mean it's a death sentence.

wimpy007

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
US Army
I had prostate cancer and opted for the seed implants, after 5 years my psa is 0.5 and I went back to work in a week. Good luck to you

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
seed implants?

Please explain if you don't mind.

With seed implants radioactive seeds are implanted around the affected area . Success depends on proper placement and proper strength of dosage . Reportedly , the best treatment is High Frequency Focused Ultrasound this method has been used for years in Europe and over 5 years in Mexico and Canada . It has not been approved by the FDA but many U.S. hospitals are seeking participants for clinical trials .
Usually a high PSA reading will lead to a biopsy which will be more conclusive .
Good info here . Prostate Cancer Peer to Peer: - urologychannel

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Well for those that haven’t had the checkup omg I would rather be shot at. The grease they use if you put it on a 5th wheel you wouldn’t need to grease it for a year. You can steam clean your butt and fart a week later and you still have a bubble in your shorts. Now that bubble has to work its way up to your waist band on your shorts so now you have to lean back in your seat to pop the bubble. And can anyone tell me why when a dr has two knuckles in your butt they want to talk to you it’s like we aren’t going to cuddle when it over. And they tell you it’s a finger DON’T BELIEVE IT it’s a redwood tree period.

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hello Wimpy. I would very much appreciate if you could send me the play by play on getting the seed implants. I was just diagnosed with prostate cancer, and from the reading that I`ve been doing, it appears that the seed implants are the way to go. How long does it take from start to finish with the the implants to be on the road again. You went back in a week, but what did you have to do in the preliminaries getting to the implant point? I have to go into the doc`s to get another analysis to make sure it hasn`t spread. They don`t think it has. I was completely ignorant about the subject until just a week ago. When I go back tommorrow to see the doc, he is going to answer all my questions. Next step is the test to see if it`s localized in the prostate and then decide on a treatment, but as you probably know each factor for each individual plays a part in the kind of treatment, such as age, severity,general health etc. I`d like very much to hear your personal story if you have the time. Thanks, Louixo.

wimpy007

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
US Army
LOUIXO, easy out patient procedure, using radioactive seeds, they are implant them around the effected area of the prostate. Out of the hospital same day with some restrictions. Back to work the next week with no side effects, its been 5 years and my PSA is .05, it was the best decision I have made. :) GOOD LUCK