Truckin to Fairbanks(again)!

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
It must be December,the month my carrier loves to give my guys(and gals) runs to Alaska.Last year it was Anchorage,this year Fairbanks.My drivers jump at the $$$$.,and I worry about the back side of the run through the Yukon.Their on "the dark side of the moon",no cell,no clink for 10 to 12 hours.It's when I can be found prayer.This year it's my 05 shaker,the new truck in the fleet.How far is it from Virginia to Fairbanks?Really far(over 5000 miles).Lets put it this way,they will be closer to Russia then Virgina when they unload Monday AM!!
Thought I would treat them to a ferry home this time to Bellingham,instead of the long run back through BC.A mere $3900 plus $350 for the room.Leave Monday into Bellingham Friday AM.I think a long drive sounds better.Need to break the news to them,I've been holding back until they deliver.Perhaps I'll pick up two nights at a luxery Hotel in Fairbanks,like the "newly upgraded Motel 6" as the ad reads.I think Homer is just down the road from Fairbanks,home of the Motel 6 guy.
Be safe
TC

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Tell them to leave the light on!

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have been to Fairbanks,pretty decent Comfort inn with a restaurant and lounge there.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well TallCal, hope they have a safe trip.

The 2 questions should be;

who else get these runs and ... well never mind ... just who else get these runs?

davebeckym

Expert Expediter
TallCal may not be the tallest expediter, but he could be the longest! Add his height to the miles and divide by two.....makes him the biggest!

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
>It must be December,the month my carrier loves to give my
>guys(and gals) runs to Alaska.Last year it was
>Anchorage,this year Fairbanks.My drivers jump at the
>$$$$.,and I worry about the back side of the run through the
>Yukon.Their on "the dark side of the moon",no cell,no clink
>for 10 to 12 hours.It's when I can be found prayer.This year

Satelite phone will keep them in touch and is worth it if they do this sort of thing often enough.