Truckers against CARB

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I just like it when you say "fellas"!!
Makes all the guys on here sound WAY cool!!
LOL!! "Cool" left me years ago.
I was cool from '90-'92.
Then I was "responsible" from '9/92-'3/11.
Then I was "bad" for a couple of months.
Then I had "swagger" for about 18 months.
Then on 9/22/12 I went "responsible" again.
Now I'm just "that guy". Or "4-eyes". Or "Hey old man!" Or "Would you drive faster, dude?!"

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I just like it when you say "fellas"!!
Makes all the guys on here sound WAY cool!!
LOL!! "Cool" left me years ago.
I was cool from '90-'92.
Then I was "responsible" from '9/92-'3/11.
Then I was "bad" for a couple of months.
Then I had "swagger" for about 18 months.
Then on 9/22/12 I went "responsible" again.
Now I'm just "that guy". Or "4-eyes". Or "Hey old man!" Or "Would you drive faster, dude?!"

You're a cool EO dude lol

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
While they might be messing up the application of the Carb law.....I agree with it in theory....

Based on what real, sound science? What REAL proof of any of the statements they have made has there been put forward? Can those results, if any, be duplicated?

jackdixon_2000

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I just heard that CARB has again pushed up the compliance date to Jan 1 2017 for the DPF filters on older trucks. My current extension for my 2005 KW ends in July. Sure would be nice if I can run thru 2016 without having to retrofit.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just heard that CARB has again pushed up the compliance date to Jan 1 2017 for the DPF filters on older trucks. My current extension for my 2005 KW ends in July. Sure would be nice if I can run thru 2016 without having to retrofit.

Anything on reefers?

zorry

Veteran Expediter

And on a related note, it's been reported today that Gym Franchise Applications have taken a nosedive since the CARB report was issued.

jackdixon_2000

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Google Carb approves compliance alternatives. Trouble is, you need to have bad credit and be turned down for a retrofit loan. Also the deadline for compliance was moved to the end of 2016 from 2017 due to the majority of truckers testifying at the hearing that it was unfair for those that had not complied with the rules yet should get an extension.
Big fleets that retrofitted worried about a few poor single truck operators gonna give them unfair competition.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Google Carb approves compliance alternatives. Trouble is, you need to have bad credit and be turned down for a retrofit loan. Also the deadline for compliance was moved to the end of 2016 from 2017 due to the majority of truckers testifying at the hearing that it was unfair for those that had not complied with the rules yet should get an extension.
Big fleets that retrofitted worried about a few poor single truck operators gonna give them unfair competition.

???2016 from 2017???unfair for those that had not complied???, thinkin it would be the other way around, 2017 from 2016, unfair for those that had complied. Have not been able to verify. I 'heard' the recent meeting results would be out 1st of next month.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Looks like the proposals, if passed, still require small fleets 1st truck already be in compliance as of Jan 1, 2014. The "denied a loan" option would exempt "up to three trucks" until Jan 1, 2018, but doesn't say if the three can include the 1st truck as proposed in the "small fleet" option. I'm thinkin they don't want my stinky Cat in there state.......on the fence so far.

the TRUCK STOP | Proposed Amendments

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Looks like the proposals, if passed, still require small fleets 1st truck already be in compliance as of Jan 1, 2014. The "denied a loan" option would exempt "up to three trucks" until Jan 1, 2018, but doesn't say if the three can include the 1st truck as proposed in the "small fleet" option. I'm thinkin they don't want my stinky Cat in there state.......on the fence so far.

the TRUCK STOP | Proposed Amendments

I think this report was published prior to the vote on April 25th, 2014.