Truck value???

johnf

Seasoned Expediter
How do you determine a trucks value and is there a web sight that would have that info?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We call our original dealer. We give our salesman all of the facts about our truck and ask what they could sell our truck for.

You could look on EO in the advertisement section and see what a similar truck goes for.

You might be able to call your insurance company and see how they go about figuring out the value of a truck.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Go talk to a commercial loan officer at a bank. Somehow they can determine the value of a truck.

For example the last purchased made by the fleet was a KW. The owner wasn't sure of the true value of it and used truck paper, ebay and other sites to come up with a number. I went through the truck to find a number of issues to be fixed. I took all the info to one of the commercial loan managers at BoA and she did the work for me, found out that the truck was a bit over priced for a loan and when I figured the price of the repairs, I adjusted my offer which the owner agree with and the truck was purchased. The work paid off, the owner saved more than $15k.

PlusServices

Seasoned Expediter
There is a NADA type book available which quotes truck values. Most banks and finance companies will want to see comps ( a truck of similar type) on other trucks for sale at the time of purchase. Income potential is also a big factor in determining truck cost.