Truck tv

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Can I use regular flat screen tv in my truck? Or needs to be build to handle traveling. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using EO Forums

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I have a 100.00 wal-mart flatscreen for a few years now in my van....so my answer..no

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

johndeereman

Active Expediter
Ii just brought a 19 in TV for for 75 dollars at

best buy I then took a piece of rubber pond liner and some old e track straps. And glued them between the pond liner then took a piece of plywood. And sandwichedthe rubber between TV and plywood. It seems to be working goodi could not see the price e of the commercial mountain.ts

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've got a rather cheap Sanyo 19" flatscreen (Sanyo DP19648) HD TV. I think it was about $150 or $200 at Walmart. It's been in the van for two years.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the help. We r getting a different truck in couple of weeks. Needs tv and convection oven. So I will be shopping. All the suggestions the better.thanks again

Sent from my DROIDX using EO Forums

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
We have 2 flat screens in the truck, a 17" and a 23", and they both work well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

zorry

Veteran Expediter
In front so driver can watch football while co-driver is in bunk watching a movie. 17" easy to conceal under dash.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Just your run of the mill 22" flat screen HD TV with a built in dvd player....it is hard mounted to a piece of 3/4 plywood that is mounted on the wall with 2 pieces of metal angle material...was mounted on a piece of 1/4 inch steel plate and that was mounted to the side wall supports of my old cargo....its about 3 yrs old and works great...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Alright.. I gotta ask..

why?

Upper and lower bunk?

You have to understand the DD's a little better. I have seen the time when they were both logged into a chat room, chatting with other members..and to each other..in the chat room... both of them in the truck :D

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
1 for when you are sitting up and 'putering, and 1 for when you are laying in bed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Making his short answer long.......the tv that comes with the truck is over the countertop , close to the sink. You can see this tv if you're sleeping with your head on the driver's side of the truck. When we bought the truck, we decided we would try reversing that and sleeping with our heads on the passenger side of the bed so we installed the larger tv on the driver's side of the bunk. Both tv's play the same show, nothing is viewable to the driver and the puppies don't need a tv in the top bunk.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
You have to understand the DD's a little better. I have seen the time when they were both logged into a chat room, chatting with other members..and to each other..in the chat room... both of them in the truck :D

Lil' Brudder.....what can I say.....I don't like sharing my puter.....it's MY puter, LOL. We don't find it odd for BOTH of us to have our OWN puters in the truck......you are such a BRAT!!:p:p

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Lil' Brudder.....what can I say.....I don't like sharing my puter.....it's MY puter, LOL. We don't find it odd for BOTH of us to have our OWN puters in the truck......you are such a BRAT!!:p:p

Two computers in the truck isnt odd at all. Communicating to each other in a chat room while rubbing elbows....well that' s a little questionable :D But, hey it was fun!

Yeah...I know...Im a brat :D

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Two computers in the truck isnt odd at all. Communicating to each other in a chat room while rubbing elbows....well that' s a little questionable :D But, hey it was fun!

Yeah...I know...Im a brat :D

Actually, we aren't that close together, she's back between the bedroom and the kitchen and I am up in the solarium.:D

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
How does people watch tv on the road. Do you have an antenna that receives local channels or what.

Load One #188

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Chris, all you need is a digital antenna... it receives channels just like the old rabbit ears antennas. I have a cheap little digital TV I got for Christmas.... came with a magnetic antenna. I pop the antenna on the roof, hit scan, and it finds local channels.

Dale

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Ok I got ya. Are the ones they sell inside the truck stop digital? Never really looked at them just noticed them

Load One #188