Truck Stop Directory

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I purchased the Blue National Truck Stop Directory, I have since found the Red one pages are much clearer on the Red one than the Blue one. Also finding the accomidations such as showers is very difficult when your trying to drive (so dont do it) I have since given up.
The Red one is much easier to read there info, next time out blue is for sale and I am purchasing the red one. Anyone else using the Red one they are both $12.95.
Why they do not print one and give it to a driver for a week is beyond me, he would gladly give it back with the comments make the print larger and clearer.
It is a great tool if you do not have one, it also lists the phone numbers that is what I had to in MA to find it on my Megallon asked for the exact physical address BINGO I was only 2 miles from it and actually passed it earlier.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
for free see my truck stop guide here on eo

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
good idea, Geo... I printed those off when I first started driving again. Only prob is that they don't tell the details of the truckstop. I may be mistaken, but isn't that list of better truckstops?

raceman

Veteran Expediter
I may not understand exactly what you are looking for but what I did is to get on line to each truck stop company. Most offer a printable version of all their locations. It shows number of showers, number of parking spots, and food sites associated with them. I printed each one out and have a notebook with it all in the truck.

They are laid out by State and give the exit off the highway they are located on or near. It only cost the paper and staples. I also used the search functions for truckstops which located all the not so well known ones. I am sure this does not cover everything but I have yet to have a problem planning my stops. Just my input

Raceman
Owner Two Straight Truck.
Part time driver of one of my trucks and local TT.
2 years OTR Expediting
1 yr local Expediting
Line Haul TT 2mon.
OTR Straight Truck Plt to Plt off and on 5 years.
Based in Cincy Ohio
Currently at Express-1
Father of 4 children
Grandfather of 1 boy
3 years without full use of my mind